Keep an eye on the sky this weekend

Artem

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/040806_perseid_guide.html

Anyone camping or fishing this weekend should have a beautiful view of the meteor shower this weekend. When it's dark you want to watch North East direction, it's suppose to be exceptionally good this year.

Also on Tuesday I went fishing at Toronto Islands since my friend backed out of Silent Lake, didn't catch anything :(. I use floats/bait and little plastic red and yellow squid on a hook from the shore. Nothing seemed to work and I changed spots many times. It sucked that I didn't catch anything but the day was relaxing and worth it. I am kinda new to fishing so does anyone have any suggestions what else I can use besides live bait and a floater. Also other things that are in season right now to fish for besides Bass.

The sky is falling?

Artem get a fishing regulation book they should be available where fishing licenses are sold. Usually seasons are closed during the spawn but can vary. Most should be open now.

A lot of baits (lures) will work, some are good for a variety of species. If you are new don`t go overboard and buy a bunch of stuff you may not use. A simple in line spinner like a Mepps will work, a hard bait like a rattle trap, soft plastics, 3 inch grub on a ball head jig.

Different species have different habits, areas they prefer, food, but a lot of cross over. Squid? Like a tube? Small tube lures will catch fish, the fish have to be there though.