has anyone fished near collingwood

fishinBrant

i headed up to Collingwood camping in a few weeks, and i was wondering if that part of Georgian bay gets fished. I really don't want to look like a fool up there. you can always tell when someone is new to your area in how they fish. i am not looking for secrets or hot spots just hoping for a little info . thanks for your support guys ..

Try Collingwood harbor I fished it for bows but I am sure there are other species there as well. Also try the mouth of the Beaver River there maybe some fish. Bring spoons for both salmon and pike, worms for pan fish and bass. And bring tube jigs for bass because if you hook some small ones on worms you’re going to get bigger ones on tubes. Don’t forget to tell me what you caught on your trip :) good luck. my advice to you is if its raining one morning bare the elements and head to the harbor or river mouth and cast spoons such as blue/silver little Cleo you wont be disappointed. Good luck.

Yup I second the Beaver.

Gerritt.

Im not sure where I saw it but.... I read an article about Beaver river from July of this year and they were talking about how bad the bite has been.

Ive never fished it myself and follow the rule of "believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see" so I hope it isnt as bad as they made it out to be.

good luck

i cant thank you guys enough !! i really look forward in trying some fishing up there we taking a small 14ft shallow bottom with portable down riggers we be camping at craighleigh park i hope its nice there.

and i also have to add you right fishing is not time wasted lol