The One That Got Away

smokinall4s

Hey there all, I'm a new fisher due to introducing me kids to it this July. Anyways, I headed up to a lake near Cambellford with my buddy who is a major fisher. We were on the lake by 8:30am and he let me use one of his rods and a couple of baits. One of them (spinner) was his lucky one, but not for me. He actually taught me alot about what types of lures to use and how to use them for certain fish.

Well, the fish were out there because there were a few where they same so close to the boat that we could have just netted them. We got alot of bites but nothing stayed on the hook. We deceided to troll behind the boat on our way into shore (11am). He has a little upset that we didn't catch anything, he didn't care that he didn't catch anything but he really wanted me to catch something. But I know that sometimes you get some sometimes you don't.

Halfway towards shore I ended up hooking one. He killed the motor, reeled in his line and he grabbed the net. I fought it for about 2 minutes and then snap, out comes the spinner. Darn it, it got away. See I was upset that it got away but hey I atleast had one on plus I really enjoyed just getting out there. Very relaxing.

I have told the kids that we would like to get a boat in a few years but man I could really go for one now.

I HAD A BLAST OUT THERE :thumbsup_anim:

We are planning an all day fishing trip in September and I can't wait. Sorry no pics/no fish :wallbash:

Like you said....sometimes you catch and sometimes you don't.....at least you had one on!! Always nice when you are able to get out there and learn from a fellow angler. Looking forward to your report in September!!

bly

smokin,

Run while you still can. You dont want to go down this road of fishing mumbo jumbo.

You think we are happy? Its all an act.

The only thing you get is...

-a daily dose of anxiety for the need to fish

-not being able to sleep cause all you want to do is fish

-not being able to work cause all you want to do is fish

-spending all your money on fishing stuff

-go into deep depression when you have a bad fishing day

-go into deep depression when you have a good fishing day cause you know the day is over

heck what am I saying...

ITS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!

:D