Salvelinus Fontinalis

Guidofisherman

Brook Trout, Coaster, Mr. Squaretail... or "Lindableikja" if you are from Iceland. What ever you call them, they are a lot of fun to fish and photograph. A few weeks back, before our current hot spell, I got another chance to 'tag' into a few more. The water temps have risen a lot lately so I have left the brookies alone as they don't recover as well. Here are a few photos of different fish taken from a variety of angles. In one photo you can see an old scar on the side of the fish, probably from a prop. The bigger fish in the 'grinshot' chased a sculpin pattern three times before I got him. He weighted just over 5.2 lbs.

Alan

joonmoon... that isn't a radio tag, it is simply an numbered identification tag that I insert for the MNR. I also record length, weight, girth and any special marking and a scale sample if possible. This information is valuable when the fish is recaptured as it shows growth rate, location and other changes. C&R actually works as some fish have been caught many times over different years. This ongoing research has been instrumental in maintaining the brook trout population and establishing data used for size limits and catches. It seems to be working.

Alan