Bass Lake or Six Mile

Gerritt

Has anyone been to these parks or fished they're lakes? The wife and I are thinking about planning a camping trip... I am interested in them as they are relatively close to home and have boat launches and docking facilities.... What species can I expect in these lakes? How was the fishing?

Which Park in your opinion is the better choice?

Thanks in advance!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

only been to six mile once, and it was this year.

you can expect bass(LM & SM), pike, bowfin, panfish for sure..

if you are camping at six mile, make sure you get a lot that is further away from the highway, unless you dont mind the sound of trucks driving by in the middle of the night, well that's if you are sleeping in a tent.

only been to six mile once, and it was this year.

you can expect bass(LM & SM), pike, bowfin, panfish for sure..

if you are camping at six mile, make sure you get a lot that is further away from the highway, unless you dont mind the sound of trucks driving by in the middle of the night, well that's if you are sleeping in a tent.

I was hoping to get one near the boat launch.... is this near the highway?

Thanks for your input too brian!

Gerritt.

mine wasn't too far from the launch, it was 406 and i clearly heard the cars driving by.....but i guess mine was one of the ones closer to the highway.

the launch is good, the docks are good, but the bugs; not good.

i think the overnight docking was like only $2?

aswell, six milke pp is right off the highway, so it's pretty quick to get there.

btw, hows the new boat?

kevin

mine wasn't too far from the launch, it was 406 and i clearly heard the cars driving by.....but i guess mine was one of the ones closer to the highway.

the launch is good, the docks are good, but the bugs; not good.

i think the overnight docking was like only $2?

aswell, six milke pp is right off the highway, so it's pretty quick to get there.

btw, hows the new boat?

kevin

The boat is everything I thought it would be and more! Extremely well built, and more then durable enough. She is also alot wider then the pictures show... and she scoots along nicely as well :thumbsup_anim: Bernie and I added a remote T/T switch and made a few adjustments to the trim tab on the motor... she handles the water very nicely... Now to rig the rest of her up and add a floor...

I will be sure to post pictures on I have everything completed (lights, Bowmount etc...)

Thanks for asking!

PS... I have a seat reserved for yah! lol

Gerritt.

Stayed at Bass Lake twice, fishing's great...bass and tons of sunfish nonstop for kids.

Other nice thing about Bass lake is its close to Orillia...you can see a movie or eat at McD 's if it rains as a back up for the kids.

Never camped at 6 mile.

Stayed at Bass Lake twice, fishing's great...bass and tons of sunfish nonstop for kids.

Other nice thing about Bass lake is its close to Orillia...you can see a movie or eat at McD 's if it rains as a back up for the kids.

Never camped at 6 mile.

You can also do a day trip on couch or simcoe even st,john.

Big Walleye at 6mile.

Very nice beach. Lots of bass.

There is a boat launch beside the beach. Lots of boaters last time I went.

Next time go to Silent Lake. Best park in southern central ontario. Although you can't use a boat, they do rent canoes, and there are trophy size bass and lakers.

six mile is one of the most consitant lakes for pike and bass.....

some good bays and reefs for both... its quite big with a lot of areas to explore..

had the biggest pike of life here, but he spit the large bucktail...

saw a guy pull a large & scrappy bowfin right from the park dock...

still have to find the walleye though

..... nomad .....

• 2 weeks later...