Trailer $ Question

Beans

My bro-in-law and I are going to look at a trailer today and the question is:

How do you find out if there are any liens against a trailer or owner before putting down his hard earned cash ??

Thanks all...

Make that a house trailer...60 ft x 12 ft wide c/w Florida room and tip-out...All the seller has is the bill of sale from the previous owner, marked "paid"

Is this good enough as long as the bill of sale states there are no liens against said trailer...?

The owner said there were no liens in front of a witness...me!

Edited by Beans

Maybe your bank can check it out to see if there are any outstanding loans on it. My father bought a used pickup one time. His bank checked it out for him as a courtesy and discovered the guy owed a bit more on it than my father was paying. They proceeded to the bank together and my father stood there as the seller paid the bank loan off.

He made sure that it was in the clear. The seller did not divulge that he owed anything on it until my father confronted him after he learned about the situation.

He did the same several years later when buying a used camper van. Same situation, the seller owed on it although she did tell him he still checked it out and he made sure that it was free and clear before buying.

Check with them, they may help. Get all the details including the VIN #.

Edited by pikehunter