Hi Folks

Hi fellow fisher folk,

Great site with great participation you guys and gals have here and thanks for havin me.

I'm new to Canada (originally form the Caribbean) and also new to Oakville but found some great fishing at Petro Canada Park. When they are bitin the smallies provide lots of fun. Worm or leeches work best.

Lookin for somewhere else to try. I go fishing with my seven year old kid and we fish from shore (dont have a boat - one of my dreams). Would love to try a different species, walleye or pike Anyone have any suggestions? would really appreciate it.

Cheers and tight lines...

FF :Gonefishing:

Hi Family Fisherman!

Welcome to the board. Great introduction too. You'll find lots of friendly info on here to help out in your fishing. I, too, am a shore fisherman and finding spots that produce is difficult at best...and even once you find a spot, there are usually LOTS of others there too.

Do a search on "Toronto Islands" on the board. It's a great multi species spot to fish!!

Good luck!

Cliff

welcome

i go to promised land camp (lake nipissing) every year with my mom,dad and sister.promised land camp is a great place to relax and recharge your batteries!theres lots for the kids canoe trip,swimming,water tramptoline,waterslide,dock fishing an the place provides gas and boats!its a great place to stay so look it up!

Little angler

Welcome to the Board!

You might want to try the grand river in Dunnville for cats with your child.

Yep, the Grand river (Dunnville or Caledonia) are good spots to fish from shore. You never know what you are going to catch there. It's only about an hour's drive from your location.