Lake O Fishing - Boys day out

steve_paul

My friend John and I decided on today as Father / Son Fishing day. John had business in Toronto yesterday so we decided to make a little Boys mid week weekend out of it. I picked up my son Ryan and John's 3 boys late yesterday afternoon, headed to Toronto and met up with John at Bass Pro Shops. Did a little shopping, replenishing all the lures that were bit off on my French River trip, some other goodies that I bought that I didn't need but were just too cool to put back and got out of there. We went out for a nice dinner with the boys and headed for a hotel in Mississauga. We hit the sack and were up at 5 to meet our charter, Salmon Strike Charters, for our day on the water.

The boys on the dock getting ready to board

med_gallery_67_247_112567.jpg

My son Ryan showing how enthused a teenager can be getting up at 5am and seeing sunrise :whistling:

med_gallery_67_247_36591.jpg

John was up first, had a nice Chinook but lost it at the boat :stretcher:

His youngest Brett was up next and did a great job

med_gallery_67_247_113606.jpg

Here he is with his first salmon :clapping:

med_gallery_67_247_10019.jpg

After that, things slowed down and we went a long time between hits. Had a couple knockoffs to get the blood pumping but it wasn't to be. Finally about a half hour before heading in, one of the rods went off and Ryan was up.

med_gallery_67_247_49501.jpg

He did a great job too and landed his first ever Rainbow, 26" 6lbs

med_gallery_67_247_36589.jpg

That was it for the fish, we were out in 180 fow, both fish landed hit a Stinger (Green/Gold) down 30 & 40'.

Not a lot of action but thanks to Paul and Maria for a great day out, they both took a great deal of time with the kids, teaching them things and making it a very good day.

Last pic, teenagers doing what teenagers do best on the ride in (guess 5am is too early for them)

med_gallery_67_247_34395.jpg