Reel/Rod

Dustinnn

Hey all,

My reel finally died so it's time to spend some more money on fishing stuff. I am a smaller lake fisher, basically just bass, occasional drop shotting for lake trout, some trolling etc etc. Any one have any suggestions or anything I should stay away from? I was recommended the Quantum Pti-20a, It around $90. I was only looking to spend like $100-120 for a combo.

Any help would be great!

I think you get what you pay for. $90 is a good price point for a spinning reel (Daiwa), and Quantum are fine fine rods. If you kick your combo price up to $200 or so, you won't be sorry. It's only a tank of gas or so above your first guess.

BPS has a fantastic sale on right now for some of their rods. I would also stick with shimano. Really reliable, I have had trouble free reels for years now. Lebaron usually has some great deals for shimano combos as well.

Quantum pti - silky smooth, shimano compre rod - great, lifetime warranty.

It'll cost you a bit more than you want to spend but you'll have a combo that will last a very long time, when you figure out the cost of your combo per year it'll only work out to 15-20bux. The only thing is to outlay the cash up front. Save a bit more dough and get better quality, it'll last longer.