Local bassin' *PICS*

highdrifter

Hello fellow OFNers (ettes)..

Took some time to get back on the ball.. An investment in some new tech toys has been a long time coming... A new camera acquired from work, and a recent purchase in a brand spanking new IBM laptop should enable me to keep those urbain reports coming, to give something back, so to speak.. :thumbsup_anim:

I've moved from uptown to an area close to the lake. I live now right at the entrance of High Park, literaly foot steps aways from some prime new fishing haunts!!

The pike fishing may not be as good, but the largies have been treating me well. I've even caught some decent smallies on a regular basis, something of a rarity in these parts of lake O.

Managed a couple hours out on the pond this Sunday. Most were caught on plastics (I have since a new found faith in yamas), but a lot were also caught on cranks, anything with bright colors and a tight eratic wobble..

Here's some pics! :canadian:

gallery_439_335_18845.jpg

fishing from a tube sometimes calls for stretched muscles...

gallery_439_335_6999.jpg

med_gallery_439_335_81996.jpg

gallery_439_335_9407.jpg

Some are prettier than others... :stretcher:

gallery_439_335_6337.jpg

Just a smidgeon of things to come!!

tight loops

HD

I live now right at the entrance of High Park, literaly foot steps aways from some prime new fishing haunts!!

Nice,

I lived at the enterance of High Park since I was born 32 years ago. I dont live there any more but my dad does.

Great area!

Were those pics/fish from Grenadier Pond?

Excellent report Fidel !! :) Lots of fish to be had right now, the weather was soo nice yesterday, I might even go bassin again this afternoon (went yesterday mid-day & then also at dusk, caught about 6-8 fish) lots of fun. One or two on a topwater skitter pop (brown frog), and the rest on this flo. yellow mini-spinnerbait that I use. I might have to post a few more pics tonight ! Keep'em coming :D

Edited by Snypa

Nice,

I lived at the enterance of High Park since I was born 32 years ago. I dont live there any more but my dad does.

Great area!

Were those pics/fish from Grenadier Pond?

You getting warm! :whistling:

I thought Grenadier was nothing more than a sess pool to clean the water before it joined Lake O... I've seen the pond get pillaged for its panfish right at the peak of spawning season.. I usually give it a wide berth..

Nice one Highdrifter!

I don't suppose you're gonna PM me with that GTA Smallie location that you referred to now are you???? Pweeesssse. B):lol:

I think I asked you the same question last year, and you were tight lipped then! Maybe one day we can hook up and catch some smallies in the GTA from Lake Ontario- that would sure be cool!

Tightlines.

Nice one Highdrifter!

I don't suppose you're gonna PM me with that GTA Smallie location that you referred to now are you???? Pweeesssse. B):lol:

I think I asked you the same question last year, and you were tight lipped then! Maybe one day we can hook up and catch some smallies in the GTA from Lake Ontario- that would sure be cool!

Tightlines.

hahah. I've been sworn to secrecy.. If you've got a tube or kayak, I will lead you, blind folded of course, to a little spot I call heaven..

cheers

HD

nice work.

i just moved near high park this past winter. i haven't fished around here, since i only really have time for the fall & spring steelhead runs. good work on putting in the time to figure out where those fish are!

Good to see the T.O harbourfront reports again!

Nice bunch of largemouth. I've mostly caught smallies in the rivers, must be some bruisers in the big lake areas.

Thanks for posting,

ehg