Just a few wild life pics i took

nautifish

Beautiful butterfly shots! I was also going to ask whether you used a tripod. I have trouble getting the shots crisp but I'm still learning my camera too.

Pam

Thankyou pam. I do have a tripod but have not yet used it. I guess i am blessed with having a steady hand....lol.....When i finally get around to buying some extra zoom lense attachments i may then start useing my cam with my tripod.

Here are a few more shots taken this morning. I was asked to try and take some pictures of dragonf;lies, so i headed down to the grand river and took these. I have to say these insects are not easy to phtograph as they really do not seem to sit for long periods of time and move so fast when in flight. Plus these ones being so small made it even more of a task, But i did manage to snap a few. It was very overcast this morning so the pictures in my oppinion do not look as vibrant.

d2.jpg

d4.jpg

dragonfly.jpg

A wild flower shot.

flower.jpg

A spider resting in my wild flower garden out back taken here at home.

spider.jpg

& of course a few more butterfly pictures i also took in my garden today.

b9.jpg

b8.jpg

b7.jpg

b6.jpg

Nauti.

Edited by nautifish

Some beautiful shots there Nauti! B)

Thankyou fishinsled. ;)

Sean i am hopeing later today. Things have just been so crazy busy of late not alot of time for fishing. :(

If i manage to get out later i will be sure to try and get some shots of hopefully some half decent size fish. :D

Guest lundboy

Wow! Really amazing shots! I've tried butterfly shots before... It's really hard. I never had a problem with film SLRs but the two digitals I've had just don't trigger the shutter quick enough after pushing the button... always seems to be a 1-2 second delay even if I push it half way down first to allow it to pre-focus.

Anyways... great results.

Ok Nauti you inspired me. So I gave it a try. I came across this at the island. And thought ok I'll give it a try and see how it turns out. :D

centreislandjuly18th009.jpg

centreislandjuly18th010.jpg

I decided to get really close up and used manual focus mode. Snapped this pic before it flew off. Then I took this are my bros place.

picture003.jpg

Not bad huh? Usually they don't turn out for me cause of not enough light. But in this cause it turned out good. I was hoping to get a close up shot of a bumble bee but they are too quick!!.

dsn

Thanks for inspiring us!! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by dsn

Ok Nauti you inspired me. So I gave it a try. I came across this at the island. And thought ok I'll give it a try and see how it turns out. :D

centreislandjuly18th009.jpg

centreislandjuly18th010.jpg

I decided to get really close up and used manual focus mode. Snapped this pic before it flew off. Then I took this are my bros place.

picture003.jpg

Not bad huh? Usually they don't turn out for me cause of not enough light. But in this cause it turned out good. I was hoping to get a close up shot of a bumble bee but they are too quick!!.

dsn

Thanks for inspiring us!! :thumbsup_anim:

Those are great DSN :thumbsup_anim: AWESOME JOB LOVE THE Butterfly shots. Insects are not easy to photograpgh thats for sure. I was hopeing to get out fishing this evening and get some fish shots but nope instead it decided to team it down with rain big time. But Ahhh well forcast for a beautiful weekend ahead so hopefully i will be out on me boat getting some more shots of both fish & wildlife.

Again great job on the pictures. :thumbsup_anim:

Nauti. ;)

Wow! Really amazing shots! I've tried butterfly shots before... It's really hard. I never had a problem with film SLRs but the two digitals I've had just don't trigger the shutter quick enough after pushing the button... always seems to be a 1-2 second delay even if I push it half way down first to allow it to pre-focus.

Anyways... great results.

Thankyou lundboy. It gets easier as you get to know ur camera. I swear the manual i have for this camera is like 400 pages long....LOL...Ok sligh exageration a little maybe. But there are alot of pages....lol....Just keep playing with it as i have done. I have different shutter speeds on my camera i am sure you probably do on urs also.

Nauti. ;)

Those are great DSN :thumbsup_anim: AWESOME JOB LOVE THE Butterfly shots. Insects are not easy to photograpgh thats for sure. I was hopeing to get out fishing this evening and get some fish shots but nope instead it decided to team it down with rain big time. But Ahhh well forcast for a beautiful weekend ahead so hopefully i will be out on me boat getting some more shots of both fish & wildlife.

Again great job on the pictures. :thumbsup_anim:

Nauti. ;)

Yeah weekend is looking great enjoy and good God Bless out there!! I'll now keep an eye out for wild life now. :thumbsup_anim:

dsn