Six mile report

misfish

My son and I joined up with the members of Golden Horseshoe Bass Anglers that were holding a friendly tourney.

Myself and my son were both non boaters for the day and that was just fine with me.Got to relax.LOL Fishing was tough. Once again fish in the boat right off,then we had to look for them. This is a bad pattern Im setting.LOL

First 2 fish (smallies) were on dropshot in 15 fow. BTW Mr,Kulik,we need to talk,Im out of that bait.LOL Man they work.

Made 3 passes on both side of the island then headed to another and started with the wizzle worm in 3-5 feet of water. This spot was a sand/rock.weeds mixed area. My partner nails a nice 2+ chunky smallie. Second later I get a nice haul,sweep the rod fish on,,,,,,,,,dont ya just hate it when you get bit off. Stupid pike.LOL

Time to fish some pads,it did seem earlly for the big guys to be there but we gave it a try. Lots of dinks. One patch we pulled out 4/12 inchers. Man they were fisty and hungry.

Water temps were 68. Pretty cool I thought.

On our travels we ran into my son and his partner. We asked how they were doing,and just like a tourney guy said nothing. Ahhhh, ok,then why that smirk then.LOL

Off we go to try a few other spots. Manged a few more dinks and one more keeper off a dock.

Head to the launch for the wiegh in.We enter our mesly 4 fish and watch the rest of the boats come in and weigh.

I see my son and his partner checking on the livewell,and even though I couldnt see his eyes through the glasses,I could see the smile he was so trying hard to hide.

They are getting the fish in the bag, theres 1,,,,,2,,,,,,,,,,3,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,5. Ok now the peacock feathers are starting to spread. :whistling:

They put the fish on the scale. Close to 10 pounds. :worthy:

Once the weigh in is over,it turns out him and his partner finished 3rd.

Myself and my partner,well we suck.LOL And we both admitted it. :wallbash:

There are some here that know his partner.

Patrick Chow. Both him and his wife Helen are great people.Ryan really injoyed his day with him on the water.

Pics from the day.

federationsixmile010.jpg

federationsixmile019.jpg

federationsixmile011.jpg

federationsixmile017.jpg

federationsixmile004.jpg

federationsixmile005.jpg

Brian,

Looks like your son is hooked. Awesome results too(3rd)!!! :clapping: . Sounds like you two had a memorable weekend together. Tough to get your butt wooped by your son though.Hope he's not rubbing it in too much!LOL

Thanks for sharing your weekend report with your son.

Marcel