chemong lake

misfish

It's a pretty nice lake that holds most of the regular species Brian, long & narrow but not alot of structure, although there are a few channels that drop to over 20' and there are several islands with some nice rocky points.

The south end of the lake towards Fowlers Corners is very shallow & weedy and will hold exactly what your looking for ;)

The top 1/2 is mostly a flat but has lots of nice cabbage.

It's a pretty safe lake to navigate around on and you can access the rest of the Tri's thru Harrington Narrows.

I haven't fished it this year yet but I'm hearing some nasty rumors that the weeds are really taking over this year and making alot of the regular spots in-accessible.

There's an excellent free ramp with plenty of parking on the west side of the causeway, just across the lake from Bridgenorth, and at the east end of the causeway is Bridgenorth Tackle that carries a pretty decent selection of gear.

And as Whopper says, it does indeed hold some nice incidental bass

Cnv1569.jpg

Edited by lew

That was a fun day on Chemong last year.

Whopper & I hooked up to get him his 1st ever musky, which he did get, plus a nice largemouth :thumbsup_anim:

I got no muskies that day but managed that nice largie.

Hope we can do it again the next time your up this way Phil.

Sorry for the hijack Brian :whistling::P

An unmarked small area of shallow rocks (2.5'-3') outside the first bay on the west side north of Harrington Narrows. One decent size musky follow-up yesterday just outside the rocks but no cigar. Try the small isles near Emerald on Buckhorn tho, if you're after the musky. Good fishing.

BTW...a few dead carp were sighted on the lake(s) as well.