Lake Dalrymple help

Victor

heading up to a cottage on Lake dalrymple this coming weekend with some family friends. We'll be fishing mostly at the north part of the lake (apparently the north is called the lower section on dalrymple) ... i would like to target bass, walleye, pike and maybe a musky (if i'm lucky enough to hook into one) It's my first time there so would someone be able to help me with some hot colors and bait/lure for this section of the lake? I'm not looking for spots/locations as i will not be the one driving the boat around. I understand that it would be impossible to target all those species at once so i will try them at different times of the day.

thanks in advance and i'll be sure to post a report if i catch something lol

Victor

Edited by Victor

Can't help you much with lure or colour. We fished it a few times and only caught one crappie, a big one though as it was about 11 1/2" long. My wife got it on a yellow twister tail.

Be careful of the underwater rocks, they are located off the end of the point and run a long way out from it. I believe there is a drum at the end of them marking the spot if I remember correctly, but maybe by now it has been replaced by a buoy.

Also the channel between both Dalrymple lakes is very shallow and has some nasty rocks. Take it slow and bring your motor up for shallow water running.

I was told by locals that the eye population is down due to water clarity. Guess zebra mussels have invaded this lake too :dunno:

Hope you get the answers you are searching for.

Yellow or green spinnerbaits. Minnows under a float/bobber. Rip-jig through weed edges.

The barrel is still there marking the end of the shoal which extends underwater from the end of Avery's point. I'm sure that if you are staying with a 'local' you'll be alright.

Good luck and we expect a report with pictures.

From the info I got on lake dalrymple heres what works: I'm sure there are others which aren't listed. This info is taken from Cousin Georges "Hooked on Fishing info package" You can use it as a guideline.

Largemouth Bass: Plastic Worms purple

Hula Popper Pop"R" - Black & White

Bomber Long "A" - Bleeding Shad Color

Plastic Frog & Weedless Spoons

Smallmouth Bass: Live Minnows

Jig & Double Split Tails White, Yellow

Rattlin Spots - Crayfish

Walleye: #2, #3 Blue Fox Spinners - Silver

Heddon River Runt - Perch

Swim Gem - Silver, Gold

Poc'it Hopper - Red & Yellow

Worm Harness Rigs

Northern Pike / Muskellunge:

Giant Spinners Baits - Black & Brown

Cisco Kids - Shiner, Sucker

Magnum Rapalas - Black & Silver, Chartreuse

Large Live Minnows Rigs

dsn

Victor,

Message me for any specific info that you think you may need. My family has owned properties on lower Dalrymple (the lake you'll be fishing) for over two decades.

I might be able to help, but I won't share with the world.

Fishnfiend

One of my favorite lakes to fish. I usually have luck casting jigs and spinnerbaits towards the shore. There are alot of small pike and big bass. I hope you have a good time. I might be heading up there this saturday so maybe we'll see each other.