Lady Evelyn Lake

wmshaw

Hi Everyone!

I am heading up to Lady Evelyn Lake this weekend for a week of fishing at Red Pine Wilderness Lodge.

I have never been to this lake and would appreciate any tips or suggestions on what lures to bring and general areas to fish at this time of year.

I have searched the board and do not see much information on the area around Red Pine although there is a thread on Island 10 with some information.

I will note that the trailer service to get your boat over is now $40 cash for those who are interested with payment on way out.

I will make a report here on my return.

A good selection of shiny and fluorescent worn harnesses trolled 4-5ft behind 1-3 oz bottom bouncers or find yourself some keel sinkers. Make sure it's heavy enough to get some contact with the bottom. I'm usually up in that area a little earlier in the season and tend to focus on 15-25ft of water - rocky bottoms and mud flats close to shoals. The lodge will get you pointed in the right direction and I'd suggest to cover water till you find some fish. Gold, oranges and greens were good

In late July we did well casting jigs all day on structure. Berkley power baits and net bait crush worms, anything long and thin around 3-4" like a drop shot lure

Don't overlook the smallies, loads of fun and usually very cooperative