lake eugeina????

fishingguy28

the amazing bass days are long gone.....sadly the lake used to house legitimate 5lb fish and more. Due to all the over fishing it gets 2 1/2 are the norm and less now. The lake is a tiny lake lots and lots of weeds that make getting on plane tough sometimes

5 pounders can still be caught, but not in close to the numbers as it used to put out. Small lakes have to be kept hush hush or else they will be overfished, plain and simple, thats what happened at Eugenia. I used to go out and catch at least 1 five pounder every outing, usually 2 or 3 , sometimes 4 or 5. Now, I'm lucky to get 2 or 3 all season.

The big bass are still there, they just need to be finessed a bit. In the past anyone with a live minnow could catch a 5lb'er and they would take home a limit of them. Now you have to work for them. Gone are the days of people with no skill taking a limit (or more) on live bait. Now dedicated catch & release bass fishermen love the lake for it's challenges. If you like deep weeds, rocks, shallow stumps, slop or downed tree trunks, you'll love Eugenia. It's like fishing 5 different lakes in one. Be careful on the east side where the stumps are, you could do some major damage to your motor there. I posted a report from Eugenia about two weeks ago, do a search, I'm sure there are more. Good luck.

5 pounders can still be caught, but not in close to the numbers as it used to put out. Small lakes have to be kept hush hush or else they will be overfished, plain and simple, thats what happened at Eugenia. I used to go out and catch at least 1 five pounder every outing, usually 2 or 3 , sometimes 4 or 5. Now, I'm lucky to get 2 or 3 all season.

HUSH HUSH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SHEESH :whistling:;):D

Yes it was a great monster lake and yes today you have to finnesse alittle more to get them. Think someone told me motoroil green was a good colour.LOL

I too fished there often a few years back, had a trailer at Hawthorns. The bigguns were there but with all the jetskiing water skiing and just plain gas burning on the lake the best time to fish it was during the week. I did catch my fair share of nice fish, and everyone of them (minus a few perch ) were released. I think with todays technology in cameras more people can practice C&R and not have to keep their limits. Sure take what you can eat for a meal once in a while but remember to snap a shot then you can show off your fish and let em go. Just my opinion and thats what I do anyway. B)