Gull River/Gull Lake below Minden Ont.

Beans

I don't usually post/reply to this type of listing but seeing as how my grandson Robert traded in his runabout for a pontoon because it is the only boat I am capable of getting on and off I feel a bit obligated to ask about the above places...anyone fish these and any tips ? He is working up that way this week...Thanks Guys or Gals

360106810_249492167849083_7617869535101688161_n.jpg.b51e9892477331201d86fc96585ef250.jpg

I haven't fished there in years, but the Gull River below the dam used to have decent fishing for Rainbow Trout. Mostly small, but occasionally, we would get a 20 incher. Best fishing was when they did a dam release to raise the river levels for kayak/canoe competitions. Although I'm not sure if the OMNR still stocks Rainbows there.

However, there used to be plenty of Smallmouth in the river too. They were pretty easy to catch just bouncing a jig with a soft plastic along the bottom in the deeper pools.

About the same experience as Crowman, stopped to cast where the river empties in Gull Lake on the way back from the cottage , May 24th weekend 1976 perhaps. Caught a nice Bow about 4 pounds and big OOS Smallie that was probably bigger.

I know a guy who has fished Gull Lake and he said that he caught trout near the north end of the lake and bass farther south. If you want to google gull lake haliburtan and there is a site that has a map that tells you what is in the lake and where to look for them. Good luck. Nice looking boat.

I'm not sure if Chris Brock still comes here but he fishes that lake a lot. North end of the lake has been decent for Lakers, nothing huge but can be fun. There is Burbot as well, have heard the odd walleye roams its waters, they've been making a come back if I remember correctly. I know bass are there but I don't target them so can't speak of their size/abundance. Same goes for Pike, some say there are a ton in there, I've never seen one but I don't fish it much anymore (last few years).