lake erie

bassmaster4

Bassmaster4,

There has been a lot of talk about fish consumption from the great lakes... I was at a fish fry yesterday, with ppl who eat fish from erie all the time... and let me tell you, the almost 90 year old man there looked very healthy to me.

I haven't read what the book on consumption says, but there is nothing wrong with a walleye or perch dinner ever now and again.

Enjoy your day,

Jen

the almost 90 year old man there looked very healthy to me.

Yep, but that green glowing hue to his skin looked a little peculiar though. :D:whistling:

We have had several meals of L. Erie perch this year, one thing I liked was that there was not one grub or worm in any of them. I wish I could say the same for L. Simcoe perch

Erie is the cleanest of all the Great Lakes if that helps!

Yup it is....I fish LE all the time have eaten alot of perch from this lake. Am not glowing or got three eyes well not yet anyways! :whistling::D

bassmaster...if you are concerned, just read this....it's the Guide to Eating Sportfish in Ontario...this link is specifically for Lake Erie...

http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/publications/590b13-LE.pdf

After glancing at it quickly, it appears perch are fine if you are just eating a few!

Edited by ccmtcanada