Aluminum vs Fibreglass

siwash

12 hours ago, porkpie said:

While I’d agree with you that Yamaha generally makes a good motor, and the majority are trouble free, if you ever have to deal with Yamaha Canada on a real warranty issue you might find yourself having an interesting time.  I have a good used running 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke on  my tinner, and I’d probably buy a good running used one again.  I’d never buy one under warranty as the warranty is useless paper in my mind and I won’t pay for that privilege again!

That is VERY interesting indeed.  I bought this rig months ago and the dealer was having lots of issues getting the warranty registered.  I still do not have the warranty paperwork,  But I kind of assumed that the dealer was at fault, they are a small business and boats are only a minor sideline..........  Thanks for the heads-up.

Doug

Doug,

Your unlikely to have any problems with that yamaha.  I unfortunately had a one off bad Yamaha 2 stroke on my duck boat bought new up at the old Thomboy power sports in Owen sound. They didn’t do me wrong, but Yamaha Canada sure did.  Like I said, most all of their product is solid as rock.  It’s those one offs you have to worry about!  I hope your paperwork gets sorted out quickly!

Edited by porkpie
  • Like 1