Fantastic day fishing

Hi all. I don't post here much, but this one's a must. Enjoy

Valerie and I hooked up with Bowen Friday morning and experienced fishing on Lake O.

The Captain

TheCaptain.jpg

We had no expectations at all. Just wanted to be out on the lake and perhaps catch a few.

Bowen ensured we got into a few, and a few we did.

Here's Valerie reeling in the line. She found out quick, there's a little more line out on the

lake compared to shore fishing and the rod and fish just a touch heavier.

bringithome.jpg

This is the first salmon she has ever caught.

Valsfirst.jpg

Bowen put us on to some fish, and it continued.

anothersam.jpg

This ugly thing was a first for us to see.

littleprey.jpg

Here is another fish caught that was one of the victims of the lamprey

lampreymark.jpg

We caught a few shakers (small salmons)

valsshaker.jpg

This lamprey was just scarey, even Captain Bowen was backing away at first

largelam.jpg

verylargelam.jpg

You never know what your going to catch when fishing... a sheephead

sheep.jpg

there's more

Here's another one I believe Valerie brought in.

valstookpic.jpg

This fish was not willing to come in, so Bowen and I chatted for a while until the fish stopped

taking line out. What a blast.

chatingaslineisrip.jpg

The wait is over, also time seems to vanish while fishing, I don't know how long it took to get this one in, but it's a nice one.

waitisover1.jpg

With two cameras we took about 60 pics and to be honest I don't recall the order the fish

were caught. Here's Valerie with another one.

Valssecond.jpg

Valerie had two really long runs today. One was at least or seemed like fifteen minutes.

She was getting tired to say the least but wouldn't pass over the rod. She lost one that

Bowen figures was at least 25 or more pounds.

longfight.jpg

Bowen had no desire to bring in any fish. He wanted us to enjoy the thrill. He did however

bring in a few shakers quickly, to get the line back out.

But he was willing to have his picture taken with one.

Bowenansal.jpg

I was totally impressed by Bowen's skill, and professionalism. Once he decide the spot we were

to fish, he had the lines in the water, and was just a blurr of activity to watch. Once he got us into

some fish, he said who wants it, and many times unless it was some of the larger fish we had

no idea any fish were on. He netted most of the fish, and and the same time would be directing me

or Valerie which way to steer the boat, or speed, whatever. When there were lulls in the fishing, he would

be adjusting the depth of the lines, and putting on different lures....

Words cannot describe how well this young man knows his business and gets his products.

He has mentioned to me a few times he wants to be a charter fishing Captain.

Well at age 16 in my books he's there. And in a few years when he decides to make it a

reality, he will do great.

Words cannot describe how impressed I am with Bowen.

We figure we caught over 15, but under 20 fish. And we weighed one that

was about 18lb. Many were close to that size with some smaller and also,

a few shakers as mentioned.

Vals2.jpg

This next and last fish caught as we were heading was caught by Valerie and again was her

first and personal best. A nice bow.

ValsBow.jpg

A few fish were brought home and Bowen continued to show his skill and cleaned three fish

in not time flat. We have never had lake salmon before so this will be a treat.

cleaning.jpg

Two final pictures were taken, one is shown below.

Val-Bow.jpg

I won't show the last one, as Bowen mouth dropped in shock and he turned many shades

of red. Valerie decided to give Bowen a peck on the cheek in apreciation for the wonderful

time out.

Bowen must of been in shock because not only did he take us out fishing, he bought us

lunch afterwards.

Bowen words can't describe the pleasure and thrill you bestowed on us, especially Valerie.

Thank you is not enough, but is all we can offer.

Thankyou Bowen

Valerie and Daniel

That sure looks like it was a great day. Great report and pictures. I love the overhead hold by Valerie, that's a first for me to see :D

Bowen sounds like a fine young man and I'll bet his future is bright in the fish chartering field :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Great report KF :thumbsup_anim: ...and you got that right bowen is a great kid and loves to put people on fish ..Bowen live2fish has worked as a mate on my boat for the past 3 years now and all i can say is this kid is by far the best boat driver and rod setter i have had aboard ...within the next year or so he will be Captain of Fishmaster Charter's while im on Lake Erie doing Walleye charters ..me and Bowen put in a 16 hr shift yesterday chasen Kings and not once did we wana give up and thats what i call die hard fisherman ...full report of our day Fishing for a Toronto Sun Winner coming soon ...

thanks everybody and thankyou KF for the awesome report. I had a great time and hope to do it again soon. Stoty the first pic is a Salmon it just looks like it becasue she is holding the back towards the camera and it looks all green but if you look at the tail you can see the salmon dots.

Bowen

Barnie, we were fishing the south end of Lake O.

That sure looks like it was a great day. Great report and pictures. I love the overhead hold by Valerie, that's a first for me to see :D

Bowen sounds like a fine young man and I'll bet his future is bright in the fish chartering field :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Joey your right, that is a comical hold she has. Never noticed as I was just excited she

was catching fish and wanted some pictures :D