Hi Everyone

Yellow14

I was surfing the net and found this site. What an excellent resource, the posters are all very helpful from what I have read so far.

A little about me for anyone interested.

I used to fish often and then about 10 years ago moved to BC for a year where I did mostly saltwater. Moved back to Toronto and just did not have time to fish. My grandfather died at about the same time and he was the one who always took me fishing so with nobody to go with it was easy to fall out of fishing. Last year I was visiting relatives up in Kirkland lake and we had a great time fishing bass on Larder Lake which started to rekindle my interest in fishing.

This year my girlfriend said she wants to go fishing with me which really has me interested in fishing again. Now without a boat and no plans to get one I have found this site useful for finding shore fishing locations and advice. Other than my grandfather's old wooden AL&W rod pretty much all my gear disappeared over the years and so I am also rebulding my kit from scratch. I recently picked up this Rhino Tackle Tote thingy from Canadian Tire and it is great since I can strap it to my back and ride my motorcycle to all sorts of spots for relatively little gas compared to my truck. Add to that the some of the best motorcycle roads are Hwy 507, 503 and 118 as well as Elephant Lake rd and it is practically a match made in heaven. :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Yellow14

This is a GREAT introduction. It was nice hear your background about how you used to fish and then got back into it again...piece by piece! My wife (Bly on this board) and I were in the same position as you. Fished when we were younger...took a 20 or so year break and then right back into it.

This is a perfect board for shore anglers like us....we've had TONS of help on here...made lots of new friends...and found a great place to post our successes and failures.

Welcome to the board!

Cliff

Thanks for the welcome everyone. It is a pretty twit knit board so I figured a good intro for myself was important.

I am thinking about heading up to Norland Sunday morning and maybe see if I can find some decent spots on the shores of Shadow Lake and/or Head Lake. If I catch anything I will certainly post it.

Welcome, yellow14,

I joined this site earlier this year as a newbie who hadn't fished in about 20 years. This is one of the most friendly sites around, and is my favourite - lots of good folk.

Take care

Good Fishing

Doug