Disposal of a big fish?

ccmtcanada

Bly has a big fish stored in our freezer in the basement. It's the only thing in there and we'd frankly like to unplug it as it's a waste of energy. Anyone who knows the story behind it knows that she tried in vain for over 30 minutes to release it. It's not in our budget to have it mounted, so we are looking to dispose of it. We are not interested in eating it, since it's rather large....and it was caught in Lake Ontario...enough said....LOL.

Does anyone know if the MNR or another agency is interested in large Walleye for research....and if so do they come to pick it up?

Thanks in advance!

1. Call Fleming College might be interested.

2. call another institution.

3. plant it in the backyard

4. Call an outdoor education centre.

5. Leave it on your neighbours door step the day after they leave for a weeklong vacation.

???

HAHAHA - The front doorstep. I have actually done that. ROTFLMAO as I recall it.

It was late fall and there were MANY dead salmon along the banks of the river. Well, 4 guys, a pickup truck at 2 am and there were gifts left for a few unsuspecting aquaintances.

A solid 20+ lb fish that was literally falling apart when handled was leaned up against the front door. Apparently, it was kicked, stumbled over the next morning. Then, the residents tried to move it and needed a shovel. It was put down by their curb. The next day it was run over by the roomate and exploded all over the driveway and car.... The unfortunate part is that it was done in secret, so I could only laugh at certain parts of the story when he told me what happened. Ahh, Fraternity days.

I better stop with the stories before I incriminate myself.

So, long story short - Fish on Doorstep is definitely an option!

On the lighter side,

1) Cook big fish on BBQ on July 1 - Canada Day

2) Place cooked fish on cedar plank in backyard

3) Wait overnight

4) Dispose of bones next day

Racoons love a celebration. Could get a bit rowdy if a fight breaks out between racoons and the skunks. Providing Molson Canadian beer is advisable but optional. Everything is legal.

:clapping:

I do indeed have a sick sense of humor.

When I get big ones to weigh in on Lake O - i freeze them - and when I get they feed a few I go to a private zoo - like Kelman zoo in Caledonia - and they will feed them to the bears - kids used to love watching this