Where the Fishing Gods trying to tell me something? (NF)

RobHall

Knowing i was going to be gone June 30th for a week on a French River Fishing trip. I decided to get some weeding done and mow the lawn. I was almost done the weeding and about to mow the lawn, when i turned around from my kneeling postion and saw a curious looking skunk staring me right in the face (about 2 feet away) for what seemed like an eternity. It was probably more like 10 sesonds or so, but seem much longer. I didnt move at first and neither did my new friend. A loud noise came from the other yard (the neighbour was doing some work on his shed) and the skunk now looked more confused and scared then curious. It was off in the other direction, like a shot. I put 2 and 2 together and figured it was roused from his previous home under the neighbours shed. I went into the house to get the camera and grab a couple of pics. It eventually ended up going in behind my shed and i havent seen it since. I might have to call someone to trap it and take it to the woods. :unsure:

skunk.jpg

skunkrunning.jpg

I sure hope this isnt some type of sign from the fishing gods of how things will go for me next weekend. :dunno:

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Edited by fishinonthebrain

YuP I have that problem.I kept flooding his den under our shed with the garden hose he eventually got fed up and moved out on his own.Don't worry not too many ppl get skunked on the french.Good luck to you on your trip .Looking forward to your report when you get back.

MTP

YuP I have that problem.I kept flooding his den under our shed with the garden hose he eventually got fed up and moved out on his own.Don't worry not too many ppl get skunked on the french.Good luck to you on your trip .Looking forward to your report when you get back.

MTP

Thanks MTP. It's good to know, that it's hard to get skunked on the French river. I'll be posting a detailed report of my entire week, when i get back on the 7th of Jul . It's looking like a cool, but stable week up there for the entire week. I hope that report includes a few species of fish and a PB ski.

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing: