My First Report.

Andrew

I decide to go to Brant Conservation Area for the day to fish the mighty Grand River. I arrived about 10am and the damn was absolutely packed with people -- not a problem since I had every intention of fishing upstream anyway. However on a side note, they have signs there that say you can not fish within 22.9 metres of an obstruction (damn) I was amazed at the number of people that were fishing right at the damn with no regard for that rule. Unless I am misinterpreting it?

Anyways, I walked up stream stopping now and then to fish a hole, I wasn't having a whole lot of success for the first couple of hours, but finally i managed to catch something! I caught about 50 feet of line, with a hook and a still moving worm on the end of it. THere was no one in sight but I'm guessing the people must have just left before I got there. I stuck a piece of the worm on my tube (I had no live bait with me) and within a couple casts I had my first smallie on he was putting up a decent fight with a couple nice jumps, but on the third jump he spit the hook and that was the end of that.

I switched over to a mepps aglia #3 and on my first cast BANG fish on! Managed to land him, nothing large maybe a pound and a half max. In the next hour I managed 2 more about the same size, I could see a lot of fish swimming up to maybe take a strike at it, but I guess at the last second they changed their mind because they would miss it completely and not return -- I saw one monster bass do this.

All in all it was definitely a great day for fishing, it was a bit cooler so the tempature was definately bearable, probably couldn't have gotten better weather for the day!

It wasn't until I got home that I noticed I brought a friend with me. This has kinda freaked me out a little bit. I had a tick latched on to my stomach, shirt was on the entire day so somehow it managed to get up there, and they definately don't come off easy. Needed a pair of tweezers to finally get it out. It wasn't till after I disposed of it that I did some research on the internet, of course the chances of getting anything from this tick is very remote its definately something that has me a little concerned.

Anyways, so long as I survive the tick bite it was a great day to be out fishing! Brantford has some beautiful stretches of water -- much deeper than what I have seen in the KW Area as well. It was definately a nice change.

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup_anim: Sounds like you had a great time fishing and caught a few bass in the process. Too bad about the tick bite though. Kick off your shoes and stay awhile. You will be glad you did. Looking forward to your next report. Hopefully it doesnt take 6 months. :whistling: j/k

Cheers

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Guest Johnny Bass

Welcome to the board!Sounds like you caught some fish and had a great time!

That definately was a well written out report!