Invasion of the perch snatchers

misfish

Tried my luck one more time fishing the Barrie marina this morning. With a cold front, I was not over excited. Set up where I was getting them last outing. The bite was pretty good to my surprise. It would seem the males were the most active, as that seem to be all I was getting. Nothing big, but all males. There was some pretty good movement going on. I was sure it was the perch busting the surface on shiners . My float goes down, set the hook on what seem to be a small perch, then I almost had the UL ripped out of my hand with a big tug. Then it was gone. My perch and my jig. Snatching pike action. Not much of a chance with 4 pound test.LOL I guess he/she and others had moved in, as the perch action was nil after that. Moved around a few spots, but it would be the same. Dink males, then action would die quick.

Today was the opening of the marina and I was asked politely if I would leave by the attendant when he arrived. Well if you call, Hey Brian, time to get out. LOL Ya we knew each other and I knew the day had come. Worked my way out to the edge of the entrance to try my luck, but that N/W wind was narly. Called it a morning.

One more weekend before the opener, then that will be it for them yella bellies.

Been a fun ice out experience on the toon.

sounds like fun

i wish they dîdnt have the ramp access locked or i could have been kicked out too

lol

I dont understand your post. Why could you not join me? Maybe you need to down size, or be less complicated on your tooning adventures. Their only fish after all. LOL

lets see, maybe if i wasn't recovering from 2 fractured arms and maybe if i didn't have minor surgery yesterday

i could've got m to the ramp too

smart ass

lol

i just want to fish

the lund out for a test run next weekend

I remember fishing in there perch so thick you can walk on em some days...and other days,,,wasteland

There are thousands right now. I snuck in there yesterday morning for a early 5:30 am fish. Picked up a 2+ large mouth. Thought it was the mother perch of all. :w00t: