Carping June 16 & June 18

Victor

Saturday night i fished with wolfville at Cliff & Carole's home swim ... he got permission from his wife to go out and i've got to stay home on sunday (father's day and my dad didn't want to go fishing) so we decided to fish till we drop ... got to the spot at 8 30pm and fished till 4 30am.

Cliff already posted his report so here's what happened after he left ... i started catching after they left and ended up with 7, wolfville got one more and ended the night with 2. Nothing huge but they're all respectable sizes.

here's the biggest of the night, a 20lber

IMG_3521.jpg

when wolfville caught his 2nd fish we had a double header ... he's starting to pose like a true carper now lol

IMG_3527.jpg

his came in at 15lbs and mine's alot smaller, didn't bother weighing it

IMG_3525.jpg

my fish's left eye was missing :unsure:

IMG_3526.jpg

all in all it was a great night ... it was a pleasure meeting cliff and carole and thanks for sharing your swim!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i went to the Grand for a couple of hours after class ... 6 30pm-10 30pm... i was having a horrible day with hooks/knots and i lost my first 5 fish ... yeah don't ask me what happened .. i just lost them ... was really upset at myself ... usually i only stay till 9 30 since it gets all dark and scary ... but i didn't want to go home skunked after losing 5 fish so i decided to stay longer... planned to go home at 10 30 and i finally landed a nice 12lb fish at around 10pm.

it's a fairly good size for the stretch of the Grand i was fishing at ...

IMG_3531.jpg

i figured that i told myself i would leave at 10 30 so i stayed after that fish ... at exactly 10 30 i started packing my stuff ... usually i would pack everything first, then pack my Pod and my rod. I had everything else packed, put my rod on the bank with the baitrunner switch on, and started dissembling my pod (hoping for one last fish lol) ... and guess what ... a hard pull on my rod and line started screaming out ... and landed my 2nd of the night ... a mere 1lb fish lol. well a fish is a fish.

now i need to do some homework ...

now i need to do some homework ...

WHAT!? You didn't do it before?! Don't be like me!

The golden rule...When in doubt, pack up - Especially the net...It never fails!

Wolf, I'm not sure if it's against the law to start a fire in a mini BBQ...When the cops come by just throw some burgers on the grill.

Great report Victor! I'm glad that you got into some fish on Saturday. There's nothing I hate more than getting people to come all the way out our way only to get skunked. It was great meeting you...nice to put a face to the online persona.

Also...awesome job on Sunday too. Bly and I have a routine at the end of an outing. We both announce last cast. I then talk to them...yes talk. I say "Ok boys, the free food is leaving in a few minutes...I'm not kidding...if you dont take it now, then it's gone!!!". We give it 10 minutes...then one of us starts packing up while the other continues to fish. This has worked a lot of times for us....give it a try next time. Others think you are crazy but, what the heck....LOL :lol:

Victor, thanks for posting. We'll do it again this summer. Pulling a all nighter is a lot of fun that's for sure. We should find somewhere we can start a fire... not sure if that's allowed anywhere.

I'm too old for an all-nighter. I passed out in the car last Friday night - must have been the hemp fumes I inhaled.

We can always throw a carp in the fire to show we're cooking something if it's illegal.

i think i caught it before you moved so you probably just missed that thread ... 26lbs 5oz at PoC ... now i have to beat wolfville's PB haha.

Well congrats now you on the move up the scale :clapping: Leave the small ones behind. This year I also caught a carp that was missing an eye. :unsure: Mine was from the island.

dsn

Edited by dsn