"fun" day Aug 27th

GBW

We had 9 boats out there for a 'fun day' and we were only to fish from Sandbar Rd and North to the 1st bridge. Fished from 630AM to 3PM and MAN was it a tough day! Some boats even got skunked.gif We did manage to have 4 keepers for 2nd with a total weight just under 10lb and the winner had barely tipped the scales over 10LB. All in all it was a fun time. I NEVER fish pads for bass and for those that don't fish that way as well, it's not that easy... Well not to me, a walleye guy (on other lakes). Went out yesterday for 5 hours trying the same thing in the same spots and only managed to land one bass and a musky. The musky wasn't measured but in the high 30's to low 40's and was very, VERY clean! Nice and dark on it's back and the belly was very light. Never had a fish jump like this one did!! The jumps were 3 to 4' in the air. It was great to watch and fight with (again, a walleye guy here). The surface temp's both days was 77 - 79* for those wondering.

oh and the musky wasn't in the pads. I turned around and fished open water with a spinner bait looking too see if it was a reaction strike kind on day as the bass in the pads was SLOW...

Edited by GBW

I would take an incidental musky any day....although considering muskies are the only thing I ever fish for (other than my recent attempts at salmon) the incidentals I catch are tons and tons of big pickerel, the occasional bass and once in a while the mighty SHEEPHEAD