Good start to long weekend

netminder

I've been on this board for probably a year now so I figured it's time I actually posted a report :)

I figured going into this weekend that I'd only have time to make it out fishing once so I had to make the most of this trip. Bright and early Saturday morning I'm the first one on the river except for a couple white bucket bridge trolls. I had intentions of pulling worm harnesses in search of walleye but just as I get my boat set up in realize I didn't even bring any worms (still sitting in the fridge in the garage). We'll crap, I guess I'll have to make due with whatever I can find in my tackle box. I'm creative, I can manage this.Finally launch the boat and search my tackle box and find a 5" white swim jig and douse it with crawler flavour gulp and take off.After about 30 minutes of marking dozens of fish with no hits I'm starting to lose faith in my setup, so I put my rod in the holder and hunt through my box for more bait. Look up and see my rod doubled over but not pulling drag. Boom, a massive hit start reeling and find this pretty girl munching on that piece of plastic. A nice 22" walleye to start the day.

Posted Image

Unfortunately that toothy critter ruined the bait so I had to get creative again. I found some 3" gulp minnows that I've had for about 4 years, but still had some stank on them so away we went.

Unfortunately, my phone doesn't like temperatures below 20C, so I didn't get any more pictures, but I did manage 5 pike between 24" and 32". I thought this was pretty impressive, considering I always thought there were no pike in this area. Mixed in with those pike was a nice 14" walleye that I simply couldn't let go and made for a nice snack for me and the wife when I got home.

All in all, a very productive day that should tide me over for the weekend.

Edited by netminder