This is What Fishing is About!

FloatnFly

Nothing beats spending time on the water, fishing. Especially when that time spent is teaching a loved one how to fish! Monday was a day that hopefully sets my daughter up for a future in the outdoors! I asked her if she would like to go fishing with me, she said yes, and hurried off to get ready. We headed off to Gagnons to first get some worms, then up to Heber Downs CA to fish the pond.

She was at first turned off on the idea that worms were fish food, saying thats disgusting! but after explaining that fish love to eat them, she came around to the idea and was not affraid to at least look at them.

We had some hits, and some misses. and even something I have never caught before. But it all doesn't matter, because the excitement in her voice was the biggest thrill of all.

She didn't think too fondly of this catfish, even though every time i go out on my own she asks me to catch a catfish!

IMAG0231_zpsj8hw1jqo.jpg

If the catfish wasn't enough to freak her out, this sure did the trick, especially when it let go and landed right in front of us.

IMAG0228_zps4kxqgdbt.jpg

She then found something she could handle!

IMAG0233_zps26stn1vd.jpg

And the thrill of all summed up in 14 seconds of pure joy!

Video Link

good times. Can't even see the hook on that panfish...just the way my kids catch em too

yep, couple were too deep and had to cut off, but most the eyelet was just inside the mouth, so was able to get the forceps on em and unhook them relatively healthy

Great post, thanks!

Yes, that is what fishing is all about. Still remember my father taking me to Lynde Shores in Whitby when four. Caught bullheads and sunfish and was forever hooked on fishing.

When about 9 he took me to Claremont park Pickering headwaters of Duffin's Creek caught my first brook trout , still into Lake O headwater creek brookies...

Your kids should always remember!