Skunked again

motv8tr

Well my friend Steve called me last night, he thought he might like to go fishing for a couple of hours this morning before work...I was very pleasantly surprised and quickley agreed...had a change a few plans, but these times are so few and far between I grab 'em when I can. We met at the launch a little after 7, and were at our spot around 7:30. Started fishing right away, drifting along the shoreline. Got a little too close so move back out and set down the anchor. The weeds are starting to come up to the surface there, so we figured we were in a good spot. I was sure I was going to get a great fish today as I forgot my camera in my car :(

It may well be a good spot, but neither of us could figure out what they wanted, or they just weren't hungry this morning. After about 40 minutes or so I had a nice follow...large Gar Pike...Steve used to spear them when he was a kid. Couldn't convince him to take the spoon though :( . Would have been cool to catch him I think, had never seen one up close and personal before, interesting looking creature.

After we realized there were Gar Pike around, we decided to go to another spot figuring the Gar Pike had scared away all others, or that's what Steve had been told. Next spot we didn't fair any better, but we did see the OPP out and about. I was happy to see them. They stopped by two boats fishing near by, but for whatever reason they didn't come talk to us :( I had hoped to see if they had heard of any fish being caught in the area. It was time to go, 10:00 am, Steve had to get back in to get ready for work.

All in all it was a nice way to spend the morning...fish or no fish. One day i will figure out Georgian Bay.

Maureen

You must be getting really good with that baitcaster now... :P:D

I wouldn't say that Cliff, today was not a good day for me and the baitcaster :P , I ended up going with my spin caster after about 10 birds nests :wallbash: . One day I'll master it, :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

I wouldn't say that Cliff, today was not a good day for me and the baitcaster :P , I ended up going with my spin caster after about 10 birds nests :wallbash: . One day I'll master it, :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Maureen

I'm not one to kid anyone about baitcasters...I just got one about a month ago...tried it 2 times and put it away....LOL.

I can cast with few birds nests....but I'm a bit paranoid about them, so my casts only go about 20 feet because I'm a little heavy with the thumb....haha.

Anyone going to Lakair wanna give me some lessons??? :dunno::w00t:

Yep...one of these days you are going to catch a fish up there...if you're not careful... :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you and the BF got out...

BTW...try not casting into the wind with your baitcaster...they don't like wind... ^_^

Edited by Beans

Do I have to come down there and show you how to catch a fish????????????

Ummm, ....er..........wait........... I AM gonna come down there.

Darn, hope I can catch ONE, of whatever species. I am going to be fishing with Glen though, and there seems to be a "shield", or so I have heard, around him.

Maybe getting out fishing with Glen, and the "new meat" will be the ticket to success, :lol:

BTW, ...........baitcaster/tjsa.............not good, might as well throw gasoline on a flame.

I will stick to my spinning gear, :lol: