RV show

huzzsaba

Went to the RV show at international center and was amazed at the amount of trailers and RVs on display. Same with the modular homes. Learned a lot about the costs associated with owning a RV and the different designs. The kids had a blast and didn't want to leave lol even after 4 hours. Best of all we went on Thursday and it was half price and very few people.

I highly recommend those who have never been to a Rv show to check it out especially if you have kids and want to take them somewhere to spend a afternoon or evening.

I have to admit 30 minutes into it, I so wanted to buy one! :lol:

We went on Friday because we are thinking about a motor home (was still half price) . There were a lot of trailers there but not too many motorhomes. I thought the show was well done, we got to talk to several dealers and learned a lot.

Sue spent quite a bit of time looking at park models and found a few that she really liked, I was really surprised at how affordable they were. We also found a motor home that would suit our needs perfectly at a price that was a lot less than we expected. We still didn't pull the trigger on it, got a couple of things to take care of first like selling our place but I think that may be happening fairly soon. For the money I think it was probably one of the best shows I have been to in a long time.

We went on Friday because we are thinking about a motor home (was still half price) . There were a lot of trailers there but not too many motorhomes. I thought the show was well done, we got to talk to several dealers and learned a lot.

Sue spent quite a bit of time looking at park models and found a few that she really liked, I was really surprised at how affordable they were. We also found a motor home that would suit our needs perfectly at a price that was a lot less than we expected. We still didn't pull the trigger on it, got a couple of things to take care of first like selling our place but I think that may be happening fairly soon. For the money I think it was probably one of the best shows I have been to in a long time.

Hey Cliff, I was there till 3.30 Friday as well sorry I did not run in to you :stretcher: sure would have been great to see you again :clapping::angel:

Hey Cliff, I was there till 3.30 Friday as well sorry I did not run in to you :stretcher: sure would have been great to see you again :clapping::angel:

That would have made my day! Are you shopping?

hey Cliff, I knew you were thinking of full timing but didn't think selling your place was part of the equation. That'd be a tough decision for me but it definitely frees you up to be a wandering spirit ! Look forward to reading about your progress finding a pusher ;)

It's tough to admit but I just can't do all the things that are needed around here anymore, it's time to down size and do a little traveling while we still can. Both Sue and I would like to spend some time on the East Coast a coach would make it much easier.

Within 4-5 years you might just regret selling your home and you become older and tire of living in a motor home. PLEASE rethink this again.

Think about this instead.........I know you want to get away from our tough winters so look at a final destination on the west coast I believe your interested in.......this summer drive down there with Sue enjoying the sites on the way down.......find a campground that you like for whatever your reasons are. These campgrounds usually have season trailers all set up that people are always trying to sell.....you can buy them for 40 cents on the dollar and just move in come fall and move out come spring.

Get yourself a nice conversion van for the trips down there and the way back that the 2 of you can spend a night or two and enjoy traveling to your winter escape. Come early summer you head back to your "summer home on the lake"........maybe rent out your house to college students during the school year....the timing for that is perfect for you.

Within 4-5 years you might just regret selling your home and you become older and tire of living in a motor home. PLEASE rethink this again.

Think about this instead.........I know you want to get away from our tough winters so look at a final destination on the west coast I believe your interested in.......this summer drive down there with Sue enjoying the sites on the way down.......find a campground that you like for whatever your reasons are. These campgrounds usually have season trailers all set up that people are always trying to sell.....you can buy them for 40 cents on the dollar and just move in come fall and move out come spring.

Get yourself a nice conversion van for the trips down there and the way back that the 2 of you can spend a night or two and enjoy traveling to your winter escape. Come early summer you head back to your "summer home on the lake"........maybe rent out your house to college students during the school year....the timing for that is perfect for you.

Thanks for your reply, it was well thought out and very much appreciated.

I am 70 and have been finding it really hard to keep up with everything that does need to be done around here. We have been very lucky, we have so many friends that willingly help with docks or anything else that needs to be done. I have been able to keep working but the time is coming fast that I won't be able to, not many people want a 70 year old even if I can keep up with guys a lot younger. The cost of keeping this place just keeps going up and my pensions don't so before we have to start burning up our equity in this place, selling it and downsizing seems like a good idea.

We wouldn't just go RVing, Sue has her eye on a beautiful modular home that would suit our needs for a base right here in Lindsay quite nicely, the motor coach would allow us to travel to visit friends and family but still have our own space (at our ages we both have to get up a few times a night and it makes it hard when you are in someone elses house). We'd both like to spend a lot more time on the East Coast and motels are ok, it still requires a lot of packing and un packing; sleeping in different beds in different surroundings. It was fun when we were younger but there is something to be said for sleeping in your own bed every night.

It will be sad to leave this place, the fishing off the dock is spectacular; sitting under the big basswood on a hot summer day with the breeze blowing off the lake; watching the world wake up while enjoying a morning coffee on the deck over looking the lake as an osprey fishes for it's breakfast..... Ya, it will be hard but there is a time for everything. :)

Cliff, I agree with everything you have said but really really concerned with how many years you can drive a huge motor home. Hopefully Sue can drive it if you have any set backs in the next couple of years.

I REALLY wish both of you well..........and the wife and I will never forget the time we spent together at you beautiful home that one special June week........

BTW are you still making that special shrimp I showed you how to make :) LOL

Cliff, I agree with everything you have said but really really concerned with how many years you can drive a huge motor home. Hopefully Sue can drive it if you have any set backs in the next couple of years.

I REALLY wish both of you well..........and the wife and I will never forget the time we spent together at you beautiful home that one special June week........

BTW are you still making that special shrimp I showed you how to make :) LOL

Even if it is only a year or two it's better than sitting around waiting until we can't. Oh those shrimp and the Lancaster ice tea are two family favorites LOL. No matter where we are, you two will always be welcome at our table and if all goes according to plan anything we get will be big enough for company to come and stay.

Edited by Big Cliff

Even if it is only a year or two it's better than sitting around waiting until we can't. Oh those shrimp and the Lancaster ice tea are two family favorites LOL. No matter where we are, you two will always be welcome at our table and if all goes according to plan anything we get will be big enough for company to come and stay.

Sound GREAT and you know you can ALWAYS stop down here and rest on the way to your winter resting place......................................we are just 2 years from Winter Haven, FL for our winters.