Lake Rosseau pike fishing today

Kelli and I headed up to Port Sandfield on Lake Rosseau this morning in search of some big old toothy critters, and we found them! Just couldnt get them to bite haha. Saw 8 pike all day, every one was 40+ inches, not a single small pike in that lake I tell ya. Throwing big Storm Kickin Shad swimbaits generated lots of interest, and repeat followers, but no takers. I eventually convinced a 15+ pounder to take a #12 X-Rap but she shook free, and dont ask how, because I dont know either. Lots of OOS smallies on the big swimbaits and X-Raps, but no pike today, I guess that counts as my first skunk of the year as no target species were caught. Ah well, happens to all of us .... cant wait to get back up there, there are some PIGS in that lake!!!

SR

i know it was insane ... I've been fishing Cooch where a 34 incher is a big fish .... 30 inches is good. I'd heard there are big fish up on Rosseau and we got into some 10-20 pounders a couple weeks ago, 42 inches was our biggest. Not a lot of them in there, but they are BIG!!

Now you're making my mouth water thinking of big pike lol.... It's a shame we have to drive so far now for good fishing like that.... Although it's the same in Manitoba.... Everything is 3 hours + away. Worth every minute though..... I'll be dreaming of being in that boat with you lol..... Rosseau sounds like an indian reserve?

Edited by Manitoba Rob

Hey Steve,

I did a pike tourney up there on Lake Rosseau last year. The top lengths were right in the 200 inch range for the 5 fish. We only managed 138" but still took 19th. The weather was horrible most of the day and quite a few boats didn't even get their limit. Largest fish was 47" but unfortunately it died in the guy's live well. There's definately some monsters in there though!

FHR

• 2 weeks later...

Friends who have freeloaded :P at our cottage for years are finally reciporcating with an invite to a place their renting on Lake Joseph. Is the pike fishing on Joseph comparable to Rosseau or should I boat down....looks like a long ride. These lakes are huge.....I wouldn't ask for specifics but is north/west end of Rosseau good-thats probably as far as I should realistically boat to.

I scanned in charts for Joseph and Rosseau-both on site for dl if anybody wants links pm me.....not suposed to post links

• 1 month later...
i know it was insane ... I've been fishing Cooch where a 34 incher is a big fish .... 30 inches is good. I'd heard there are big fish up on Rosseau and we got into some 10-20 pounders a couple weeks ago, 42 inches was our biggest. Not a lot of them in there, but they are BIG!!

I have a buddy I grew up with who has a place on Rosseau-great pike lake.

I see from your site you guide on 12 Mile-that's "home water" for me.