Lund Sport Trak Brackets

Lukasaurus

I picked up a new to me Lund that has the track system. It came with 2 unused brackets. While I was searching to buy more brackets, I came across some threads on this and other sites that talk about these brackets. It seems the majority of people with this track system don't have much confidence in these brackets, some have said they have broke. I would really like to use this track system to keep the boat as uncluttered as possible. Can anyone tell me where on the bracket they break. Is it the pieces that are inside the track, or the part that you mount the rod holder to. I was thinking if I can modify them to strengthen them up I could still use these for trolling and not just use them to mount a cup holder. The boat I picked up is a 2004 20.5 foot tiller drive Alaskan with a 2014 90HP Evinrude Etec. I wanted a boat with more room, and boy do I have it now. I am in the middle installing a bow mount trolling motor and downriggers.

That is my dream boat, congrats on the purchase! I can't offer any insight on the track brackets breaking, but I do know my buddy Andrew who has a Princecraft with it's own track system has had new inserts for his boat made by Dave at Trojan Tackle - I'm sure he makes something for the Lund tracks... his work is top notch, have some in my boat too and I'm sure many board members will attest to this... take a look.

http://www.trojantackle.ca/

Pete

That's quite a set up you have there Kevin, a fishing machine. I am leaning towards getting a couple more Lund brackets and seeing how it goes. If I start using dipseys or go after musky I might have to look into something more sturdy. I talked to Dave at Trojan Tackle and they have some real nice stuff. If I need to beef up my outfit or need anything custom built I will be giving Dave a call. Thanks for all the feed back.