What ever happened to the "Do not Call List"?

Big Cliff

Banks also give out phone numbers

But deny it as well

they share your information between internal lines of business as well as their partners.. you usually implicitly grant this permission when your account is setup. you can call them and have this 'sharing' turned off.. they also maintain their own do not call repository which is adhered to in their marketing campaigns.

the major FI's are very heavily regulated. if you're getting solicitation from them or a partner and you've requested to not receive it, you could create problems for them.

disclaimer: this most definitely applies to one of the big banks, most likely the rest of them as well.

if you're getting electronic solicitation/marketing spam (text message/email) from them, you need to explicitly request your removal. subsequent electronic solicitation is a big no-no and in violation of canadian anti spam legislation (CASL) and fines up to like $10mil for an organization.

You don't give out your number, that's about the only way to steer clear of the Bull.

I did away with my old cell phone and number because I got so many stupid calls from people I know.......now I have a new cell phone and new number with only a VERY select few people that have that number.......PEACE finally..... :worthy: