DOLLARAMA PIKE , MEPPS HOMEMADE MAMBO REPORTS

snag

Greetings!!

Just thought I would showcase 2 lures that have produced recently.

1. Dollarama Slama

2. Mepps (aka: Clive) homemade spinner (tipped with a finger tip)

med_gallery_82_84_87762.jpg

Dollarama Slama

As many of you know, this can be a pricey sport. I am the fishing uncle in the family who has seen his expensive lures adorn tree tops and the bottomless abyss.

I bought some lures at Dollarama to reduce these expenses with the kiddies and also to use these lures as scouts or the proverbial “Canary in a coal mine” when testing a new lake with lots of wood debris.

The other day I caught the following 38 ½” pike as well as a 2-3lbs. OOS Largie in clear water.

The pike was particularly amazing because it followed, could clearly see the $1 lure and took multiple violent strikes at it, right up to the dock!

That tells me that at close range, the pike was either crazy or was genuinely fooled by the lure.

I really like the action of this lure too. It has beads in it, is pseudo suspending and easy to see in the water

med_gallery_82_84_49424.jpg

med_gallery_82_84_14158.jpg

All my junior fishing boys and girls will be receiving this lure as a gift!

Mepps Mambo

Last year on a fishing trip Clive (aka: Mepps, stumpy) traded me this lure for gas money.

I have had success but never posted a catch.

I wonder if Clive and Jon used this in Vermillion? (my pike are guppies)

Here you go. Thanks Clive and CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!! :clapping:

med_gallery_82_84_64984.jpg

med_gallery_82_84_17106.jpg

EDIT:

My motivation in life is to make enough money to buy boats and race horses so that I can invent ridiculous names for them: :rolleyes:

med_gallery_82_84_69785.jpg

Thanks

P.S. 2 MORE WEEKS TO BASS OPENER!!!

:thumbsup_anim:

:Gonefishing:

nice!!

Its funny looking at the old lures I made, the news one look much better!

Next time I see you i'll give you one of the new and improved pike catching lures!

I've got a few of those doller store lures, im afraid to use them though!

PS, all of my big LV pike were caught on my own lures!

Edited by mepps

Corn Nug: I sell them here and there - there is a wide variety of sizes and costs. They range in size from 6 inches to 20 inches...

They have worked great for pike and musky - but ive caught seveal other species on them too. Even the mighty rockbass cannot resist my spinnerbait!

clivebogrockbass02.jpg

Edited by mepps

I have heard that some of the Dollarama's sell tackle but never found any.....thanks for confirming that they indeed do and that the lures (at least one anyway) do catch fish! Nice looking spinner also!

nice!!

Its funny looking at the old lures I made, the news one look much better!

Next time I see you i'll give you one of the new and improved pike catching lures!

I've got a few of those doller store lures, im afraid to use them though!

PS, all of my big LV pike were caught on my own lures!

I'd be honoured to get some more bling.

The lure I used is suprisingly well made.

I wanted to make sure it wouldn't break if I had a decent sized fish.

Don't buy any of their jointed lures.

That was pretty cool Snag! Loved the shots of the lures in action too! You are right...fishing can be expensive, but it doesn't really have to be. That boat shot was classic and loved the 'sky' shot with you and that pike!

I have heard that some of the Dollarama's sell tackle but never found any.....thanks for confirming that they indeed do and that the lures (at least one anyway) do catch fish! Nice looking spinner also!

You have to look around. After I bought and tried the Rapala rip-off, I knew it was good so I hit every Dollarama I could find. These Rapalas types sell out fast. Ask if they have any in the back

Here is a better shot. What a beautiful day it was, then the sky turned black and things got very ugly (that was Friday) I will dig up some of their other lures. I have another local dollar store with great stuff as well.

med_gallery_82_84_25272.jpg