Fishing Tournament In Montreal Today

I entered a tournament with my good Friend GlennK on the St.Lawrence River in Montreal.

The weather was just absolutely perfect barely any waves hot and sunny and the fish were on for my passenger .As for me I got that black furry critter with the white stripe.Luckily our entries were registered as a team :worthy:

On with some pics.

126565.JPG

This is a shot just before the 7am departure time in all

175 boats participated. :Gonefishing:

126566.JPG

This is a shot of the Champlain Bridge and I am sure many of you know this bridge

It is one of the busiest bridges that crosses into Montreal everyday.We found out it was closed this afternoon

because someone was going to jump from it threatening suicide.We may have caught more than fish today

had this person jumped. :unsure:

126567.JPG

My fishing partner and teamate for the day GlennK.

If you look closely in the background there is a shot of Wayne zooming by in his new Lund its so fast it appears to be red

not Lund Blue :whistling::whistling:

126568.JPG

This is our little entries for the three categories for Pike,Walleye and Perch.

126569.JPG

A quick shot of the dinks before we released them back into the St.Lawrence.

126570.JPG

This is a shot of the winning Walleye of the day 7 1/2 pounds.

126571.JPG

This is my OFC pose for the Camera yes I got skunked BUT

please compliment me for putting Glenn on fish and I was simply amazing

with the net today :canadian:

126572.JPG

This is our friend Danny who caught this 3.5 pound dore(walleye)

Sorry about the lousy shot but it was jumping out of Dan's hands when I snapped the pic.

126573.JPG

This was the grand prize a 14 foot Princecraft with a 9.9 4 stroke Merc and trailer .This is a draw prize any one in the tourney

can win it.That's Glenn hoping he will win it to upgrade from his current 12 foot Princecraft.Some other lucky guy one it (not Glenn)

126574.JPG

This is all we won :sleeping_02:

126575.JPG

Some more of the prizes.

126576.JPG

Another draw prize.

Well my time came :wallbash: sooner or later we all get a skunking

Could not have had better weather ,a well organized tournament

I look forward to next year.

Next weekend we get to do it all over again in another tourny but this time Glenn and I will be taking our son's to a different tournament.

I love fishing : :thumbsup_anim::D

Edited by Mike the Pike

Mike,

The way I look at it, in order to be a complete fisherman, you must have all the skills....and this includes netting fish...LOL. Fishing with bly, I get lots of practise at it :lol:

Too bad about the skunk, but a crappy day on the water beats a good day at work any day!!

Great pics of your day...at least the weather cooperated with you.

I hope you have much better luck next weekend....you have a full fishing season planned it seems!

Cliff

Mike,

The way I look at it, in order to be a complete fisherman, you must have all the skills....and this includes netting fish...LOL. Fishing with bly, I get lots of practise at it :lol:

Too bad about the skunk, but a crappy day on the water beats a good day at work any day!!

Great pics of your day...at least the weather cooperated with you.

I hope you have much better luck next weekend....you have a full fishing season planned it seems!

Cliff

You have got that right Cliff lots of planning around the kids and wife's busy schedules.Sports swimming ladies night out .I wish I could fish more.

MTP

Edited by Mike the Pike