Doe Lake Report (late)

stasbrute

Went up to our friends moms place next to Deerhurst last Sat afternoon. Stopped at the LCBO in Huntsville and the power steering in the van goes bye bye, looks like the arms are gonna get a work out on this trip. Bennie's mom has got t-bones and tiger shrimp waiting for us (much nicer than are usual cuisine which is boiled hotdogs in the back of the van which is usually where we sleep as well). watched the hockey game, then sleep then off to Doe lake, found public launch, suited up and started are approach and realized the water was shallow at the end of the launch, very shallow, so the van gets stuck in the sand, not happy, somehow we get the strength to get the boat of the still dry trailer and push the van out. Now about the fishing, oh and I also must mention the falling out of the boat incident, it seems my fishing buddy John has trouble de-boating that is why he is shirtless in the first picture with our first fish a lovely specimen of TWGSF

DSC01571.jpg

and then I chimed in with a nice little pike on my new X-rap

DSC01570.jpg

we caught several pike in this size John's Williams spoon was kickin ass

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

all these fish were caught on little Doe tried for Walleye at points and drop offs and could not locate any many oos smallies were alos caught and released. John got a nice one on big Doe (Williams Spoon again)

DSC01575.jpg

it had an odd mouth on it as you can see in this shot

DSC01574.jpg

on the way home on Monday we stopped at a small lakr named after my fishin buddy and caught a bunch more pike most were smaller than the Doe lake fish, also got some oos largies and smallies as well as perch and other pan fish including this nice slab 11 inch crappie

DSC01577.jpg

and this dude

DSC01578.jpg

then john hooked this beast (he didnt even want to hold it for a picture

DSC03196.jpg

and there was alot of these guys around

DSC03200.jpg

DSC03198.jpg

after a bumpy start it was a nice couple of days fishing the fish sure were biting!

Looks like the pickerel aren't in the lake yet. Did you try the river like I mentioned?

Great report and some nice pike there. I also recognize that limestone shelving from your second lake ;)

Joey

Bruce Willis he he he....no Joey we didn't try make it into the river, we were having to much fun with the pike thanks again for the tips we had to find a resort with a launch and pay to get our boat out the public launch is useless we saw a massive smallmouth at the rock island/shoal in small doe she was a monster.

I know where you were on Doe.LOL Lots of good pike there.

As for that launch,I never use it. Next time try the Katrine Marina. I think he charges 5 bucks in out,something like that.There is another on the east side of the hwy.It,s the old camp ground where they are putting the hwy.I noticed the road in was open again.Might be worth a try,just no docks there anymore.

I,ll be up there next weekend to fish with pop for fathers day.

TFS