I know it's early

shimano19

As the fall season has just begun and the snow around the corner I'm starting to look for a sled. I will need it for ice fishing and hold me and another adult while pulling a clam hut. I've done reaserch and it seems the top machines are the tundra and skaldic, that being said I haven't found any online. What are other options I could look into? I found a Polaris touring and there's tons of Polaris Indys online. What model Indy would do the job or even the mxz? The max I would like to spend is $2000. Thanks

An Indy trail 500 is a very easy-to-find reliable sled. Indy 440's are great machines as well but typically they're a few years older and not quite as common. They both have respectable power while remaining pretty light (fan cooled machines).

The only Tundra's you will find for under 2 grand will be the 250's which are great for what they are, but not for riding two-up and hauling a shack. An MXZ 550f or Formula 503 would do the trick but these are short track chassis not fit for offtrail use (really fun machines though).

My buddy just picked up a 94 Skandic 503 and it would be ideal for what youre looking for, but they are fairly rare machines, and hold their value well. Bearcat 440's are another good choice.

porkpie nailed it sleds great atvs look and walk away, my sons brand new , last year limited edition atv, approx. 13,000 bills has been in the shop repeatedly, polaris sleds have proven themselves from Lake Simcoe to Great Slave Lake, but newer Polaris atvs not a chance, he being our son cannot hardly give his quad away