Resorts around Parry Sound for one or two nights good for inflatable?

rhymobot

Wondering if anyone knows some affordable places to stay for two people on the water that meet the following criteria:

- can dock my inflatable for the day and use it on an off for a couple hours at a time

- situated on calm bay or small lake that is suitable for my 32 lb trolling motor

- if rates are really cheap for the room and boat then i'd def. consider renting a boat for the day so we could cover more water

- gin clear water like Gbay is known to have.

- good for LMB and pike with the occasional SMB

- maybe 4 to 8 feet deep in most spots

- nice tall weeds but not too thick that you typically find LMB in

- hopefully some lily pads too

- wouldn't hurt if it was picturesque too. it seems to me that parry sound is in the canadian shield with all that rocky landscape lining the shore and dotting the water with tiny islands. i never fish those areas but i assume as long as there are nice looking weeds there i should be able to use the same fishing tactics that i'm used to.

Thinking of heading up next week. Mid-week is not a problem. If not, maybe some time in the near future.

I see a couple places that are $115 to $130 a night. That sounds good. But have no idea if they meet many of the other variables I mentioned above.

PM if that is better.

Thanks for the input.

hey Ohio,

I guess its been a while for you, but kenlea is shut down as far as i am aware. The place hasnt been open for a while. its pretty decrepit these days, infact i toss the odd weedless set up amognst their old broken docks and lifts and have pulled out pike from them :)

Id suggest camping at sturgeon bay campground.

Only operation now in the area is pleasant cove resort. which is out of your price range.

As an FYI the water isnt gin clear in PAB until you get out past barclay island...all of the water inland from barclay is tea stained due to the vegitation and soil on the bottom of the lake. The areas outside of barclay do not contain soil, hence the water remains very very clear.

As far as LMB fishing, GB is not neccesarily the place to go to catch largies...id go to the kawarthas to catch largies...if you want smallies though, Not many places beat GB's smalie fishery. (yes all you lake erie guys can sit out in a field and fish smallies, ill stick to the beauty landscape of GB to catch my smallies thank you very much)

Edited by AKRISONER

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the idea of camping as I like being outside in the woods and near water. But have tried it twice and I just can't sleep! Both times got like 1-2 hours sleep.

Anyway, I go to inlaw's cottage in Tiny west of Penetang on that side of Gbay. That area is great for beach and swimming but no fishing there unless you go way off shore. But I also have tried Penetang Harbour many times and it has those nice weeds and clear water I'm talking about.

And I've done Midland Harbour a couple times.

Since I'd be going up there for 8 days, and the area is very limited for small vessels like mine in terms of small or calm bodies of water, I thought I'd fish a couple times up Parry Sound way.

And no kidding about Kawarthas for LMB. I have been to Buckhorn a few times. Might make it up there one more time this year. I was hoping that since Penetang and Midland Harbour have mostly LMB compared to SMB that other harbours or bays would have the same. Mind you, I have only fished right in the harbour and not too far past the marinas and closer to the open waters of Gbay.

perhaps some of the other guys here can back me up, but to put it in perspective, ive fished probably close to 60+ hours in the shallows running spinner baits, top water and cranks this year chasing pike and hoping to get the odd largie and ive only managed two so far this year and one was less than a pound, in comparison to 60+ pike and the numerous smallies ive caught this year. i wouldnt call GB in the parry sound area a great LM fishery.

If you want to chase fish in gin clear water, find a shoal surrounded by deep water and drop a drop shot, you will catch smallies, and they will be big.

guess i will have to try smallie fishing. on lakes that is. i catch them in the tribs of Lake O but what i really like is casting for LMB in weeds and lily pads.

drop shotting in not my thing but then again i've never done it seriously before. i guess it's worth a shot.