Crawler Harness Blade Kits

sneak_e_pete

Most any good Mom and Pop tackle store has them Pete. I get the beads from craft stores because of a better selection of colours and sizes, Michael's. If I have 1 tip that would be to use plastic clevises as to not cut the main line. You can actually change the blades on the fly if you want to. Don't cheap out on baitholder hooks. It sure is a fun thing to do during a cold winters day. I use 30 pound Big Game mono because I have a spool of it.

The real enjoyment is actually catching a fish with something only you have if you make them unique and not another fisherman in the country or even World has. I don't know if you have any young ones around but kids love making them. The craziest one I have is a harness my niece made when she was 5, it catches big Walleye. She's 28 now and I showed it to her last Christmas, Her boyfriend asked for it, no way Jose go make your own. So after dinner I got my box of parts out and got 12 new harnesses this year.

Go nuts have fun.

edit, I would tie on the hooks for them, don't need a wait in emergency and explain you are running a child labour sweat shop making lures.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I ordered my blades online, but have picked up the odd pack from places like Bass Pro and Angling Specialties etc.

I have some links at the bottom of this article if you want to check out some places online. Most are in the USA, but luremaking.com is in Canada and I've ordered plenty from them. Trustworthy source and they carry good products.