Important Quinte Warning!

cisco

Before I posty my humble report on Quinte, the locals and the Ferry boat operators and the regs say that the 1 vs 2 line per angler is NOT a cement plant boundary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As MNR does wherever possible, a clearly defined geographical boundary was chosen to help anglers obey the rules to know the boundary between where folks can use 2 vs 1 line for fishing.

IT IS THE GLENORA FERRY CROSSING!!! That ferry goes from Picton's shore to the road to Adolphostown and on to Milhaven. Anything away from Lake Ontario proper from that crossing is 1 line only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MNR has an office right at the crossing on the Picton side and word is :lol: they are saving their gas money (budget cuts ya know) to catch a few to make examples of.

Tell yer friends! Tell everyone!!!!!!!!! Everything I've read here said stuff about the 1st cement plant being the boundary:blahblah1: But don't do it anymore folks! Oh, it's also on page 26 of the regs 16th item down for area 8.

Don't listen to guides or anybody else about this! Don't get a fine for tooooo many lines!!!!!!!!!!

Even though you can get away with it, please understand and obey the law. Our fisheries depend on us all to make a difference!!

Now don't go turning yourself in if you are among the guilty! Just a small misunderstanding that's all. :dunno:

Thanks Chris...but I've never seen anyone post here you could fish the cement plant with 2 lines. Always past (east) of the Ferry. Many fish the cement plants sometimes calmer waters...but I've never seen anyone say with 2 lines.

U didn't find out the hard way did ya?

Edited by irishfield

When I read some of the boards and when I spoke with a few non-local anglers at Quinte I was advised that the cement plant served as boundary.

I only fished the east side of the Ferry crossing, but several guys ended up there (east side) after finding out they can't use 2 west of the crossing. LOL!

I got a bunch of PMs here and read lots to research the trip... so I don't know where exactly the info originated, but best to be on the safe side, eh?

Still lots of huge walleye to be caught there! Don't want anyone getting into trouble lookin for that elusive... 16lber! LOL!

Edited by cisco

I was out in Picton on Sunday, got invited by some buds to go on a charter. Very slow day we each got 1 fish each. 1- @ 3lbs and the rest were 6 to 8lbs 8oz. Nice day on the water, but tough fishing. Other boats had same results. I landed a 11lb 8oz out of picton 3 years ago, she's on the wall now.

Cheers.