Boat reno question

sneak_e_pete

My boat is a 1997 Princecraft Fisherman. It serves the purpose, but I would like to redo the inside (floors, vinyl covering, new hatch tops for the storage, etc.)

I know a lot of people on here have done these types of renos. Would appreciate direction to some great resources on "how to".

Also, what did the average cost to do it?

6 months and lots of money I took it down to bare hull refoam..new transom and floor ..GIS 3/4 ply epoxied and barrier coated..new carpet..wiring ..plumbing ..it's so worth it in the end esp if you like the hull, pm with any ? Got lots of stuff from west marine hatches etc

Having done some restoration work, I would suggest that if you are going to do the job, do it complete. As North East Shark has done. When you remove hardware, bag it and tag it, you will thank yourself later when the time comes for re-assembly. I would suggest that you use an epoxy resin on all six sides after the pieces are cut and fitted to waterproof the good one side exterior grade plywood.

Good luck with the restoration, it is a lot of work but well worth it in the end.

There is a bass boat forum that has a really good sub-forum on restoration. May be worth a look. PM me if you don't know the site already.

Edited by HTHM