New boat leak???

landry

I have a welded crestliner. Has never leaked a drop.

Last trip out I had about 5 gallons of water after a long day on a very calm Lake Erie. I inspected my hull carefully and found no cracks:)

I am assuming it is a live well line issue somewhere. All the hull fittings look good.

Anyone battled one of these issues and won?

It is a 2007 fish hawk.

Thanks

Landry

Do you have a twist lock "cartridge" pump attached to transom for live well? Have a good look at it for being loose or cracked. Why I'm adamant about antifreezing them in the fall.

Edited by irishfield

You're probably on the right track with the plumbing being the culprit. Sometimes if you plug or tape off the outlets at the transom and fill the livewells right up with water, you can find the leak. You may have to circulate the pumps depending on where the leak is. Good luck, I'm sure it's something simple; Crestliners are great boats.

Yes. I agree. I am gonna plug the intake and watch it. Thanks guys. Good simple idea

Any chance water can come in the live well drain line fitting at the transom too??

I was not running the live well at all when iteaked btw.

Drain should do nothing but possibly put some water in your livewell if the plug was out, unless it's a bow well like a Lund (with the drain to the keel) and you can sink your boat running the boat bow down without the drain plug in the live well (fills the live well and then the boat).

Your drain hose to the transom thru hull fitting could be cracked and cause leakage.

Got a ramp close by that you can back the boat down the launch and leave the transom straps on, so it stays down in the water further, climb in and see if anything is leaking.