RIP SENS Fans

JFR

YEP, that team provided a LOT of entertainment (and isn't that what sports is all about) and now they are being recognized as several of that team's players are being inducted into the Football Hall of Fame.

For anyone who has had their team win it all, guess what, the next day no one gives a rats ass anymore. Who won last year's Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, NBA Championship. You all had to do some thinking and I'll bet some of you guys couldn't remember all of them. RIGHT ?...

Stanley Cup = Carolina Hurricanes

Super Bowl = Who friggen cares

World Series = Baseball is for girls

NBA = Is basketball still on TV?

Hey Speck....

Can't say that I recall saying that I am a Leafs fan.

Truth is...I am NOT a leafs fan.

Yet again, he is a true Senators fan! They love to :blahblah1:

What good is talent if it doesnt get used in the playoffs???

You can have all the skilled players you want, but if they play like the Sens did in the final..... your going to choke.

(10 yrs and counting for the sens!)

:thumbsup_anim:

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Inaccuracies, name calling, bitterness... this is a fishing forum, not the House of Commons.

When will Sens fans realize that they are insignificant?

Leaf fans have more to entertain themselves than fan bashing. You should find a hobby... or some therapy.

First off Stoty your proving your ignorance as a Leaf fan (well done newbie).Funny how you guys stir the pot and then try and blame the Sens fans for defending our team.NO CLASS.And your commentys prove exactly what I have been saying for years.The Leafs will never win another cup because the supposed center of hockey(laughable maybe the armpit of Canada) only cares about money as shown in your comments.Keep recycling those old guys and maybe you might win the world ringette championships.By the way Ottawa didn't have a team for 50yrs so compare the records while the two teams were in the league and we embarrass you pathetic little Leafs.10 YRS IN A ROW IN THE PLAYOFFS DUMBASS ALL GOOD TEAMS HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO WIN WITH EXPERIENCE IN BIG GAMES I GUESS THAT MEANS WHAT FOR TORONTO??Maybe you guys will clean up in the pre season and possibly win an event at the allstar game (oh yeah right somebody from your team would actually have to have some talent) and as far as it goes for you Charlied a true fan doesn't wait until the finals to let everyone know he is a Ducks fan unless he didn't think they were going to win(MORON).SENATORS WERE THE BEST TEAM IN HOCKEY AND THE DUCKS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN RUGBY.NO CHOKE HERE WE MADE IT TO THE FINALS AND HONESTLY WOULDN"T IT BE TORONTO NOW THAT ARE THE CHOKERS.TORONTO WAS VOTED MOST HATED TEAM IN SPORTS BY SPORTS ILLUSTRATED THAT'S ONE YOU GUYS CAN HANG YOUR HAT ON WELL DONE SCRUBS !!!!

Can't we all just get along and agree on one thing.

The Leafs and Sens, have one of the biggest (if not the biggest) rivalry in the NHL. The Sabres/Sens rivalry is up there as well. Fans of the Leafs love to hate the Sens or some of the players on the Sens, just as much as fans of the Sens love to hate the Leafs or some players on the Leafs. This trash talking and team bashing should be taken as it is meant to be taken....all in good fun. To suggest that some Sens fans (not all) seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders is an understatement. If Leafs fans or any fan for that matter want to make choke jokes about the Sens or negative comments about Alfie...let them. Who cares? I know i don't care what Leafs fans think about the Sens, nor should any other Sens fan. It's not worth getting bent all out of shape for. I'm a Sens fan first and a hockey fan second. As much as i wanted to see the Sens win the cup and as much as i wanted to see Alfie hoisting the cup. It just wasnt meant to be this year. They lost to a better team. It's as simple as that. There are 2 things i want to see, before i leave this earth.

1. The Sens win a cup.

2. The Sens beat the Leafs in the playoffs.

I think the Sens winning the cup is more likely, as the only way to beat the Leafs in the playoffs is for the Leafs to actually make the playoffs. We all know that isn't going to happen anytime soon. That's fine...i won't feel too bad win the Sens win the cup and they didnt have to go through the Leafs to do it.

Let's all go fishing and let the bashing and trash talking end until September. Sounds like a plane to me. :thumbsup_anim:

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Well said.

Finally....a polite Sens fan! (lol)

I just think its PATHETIC that some people take the NHL so seriously. I guess their dreams of becoming hockey players didnt come true, so they are trying to live the dream through cheering for their favorite team.

Its a game...and your not playing in it...so just chill out.

Its not leaf fans fault that the Sens choke in the playoffs.

I think the Sens winning the cup is more likely, as the only way to beat the Leafs in the playoffs is for the Leafs to actually make the playoffs.

LOL!! The most frustrating thing about not making the playoffs is not making it by one point. Why can't the Leafs tank it for good draft picks like the Sens did for umpteen years?

I don't really agree with you on the rivalry thing. It's somewhat media-drivin "battle of Ontario" stuff. I see Toronto-Buffalo as more of a rivalry in recent times than Toronto-Ottawa. Buffalo has become our "Detroit" due to scheduling but Ottawa hasn't toppled the Habs in terms of true rivalry. The games that really spark my interest are Toronto vs. Buffalo, Philly, Montreal and Boston (until last year when we played them 17 times in three weeks).

I think Toronto-Ottawa matches mean more to Sens fans than it does to Leaf fans. Just my opinion.

-Brian