Fly fishers, can you help with this

misfish

A couple years back,I bought a bunch of stuff from a long time member from here.

I have this one thing thats been buggen the heck out of me.

Im not sure how to rig this up.

It,s a loop making thing of some sort.

I know there,s going to be someone here that can show me the way.

I have tried to find it online,but nothing shows up. Maybe I,m not looking in the right direction. The package is from Wales.

Here,s what I have, A bobby pin style clasp and some tubing. Not sure whats with the only one being orange.

fly thing 002.JPG

fly thing 004.JPG

fly thing 003.JPG

fly thing 006.JPG

I know it,s for making a loop. I would like to get away from the loop to loop knots. Im sure this is the cure. I hope.

If there,s another alternative to getting away from the loop to loop knot,I would be thankful to know.

Thanks

Thanks for the you tube link.

I have nothing like that in the bag. it,s just tubing. Maybe thats why I have been having a problem figuring it out. Theres no braid at all.

Maybe he just used the bag for odds and sods. :dunno:

That did look easy enough to do though.

Thanks

If they have a loop at one end and are kind of hollow at the other, I have used them before. Your line goes into the hollow end and tension is supposed to lock in your line. If you can't get your line to go in very far, put a pin in the tube end and roll it back. Remove pin, insert line, and roll back. For security, a couple drops of crazy glue.

If they have a loop at one end and are kind of hollow at the other, I have used them before. Your line goes into the hollow end and tension is supposed to lock in your line. If you can't get your line to go in very far, put a pin in the tube end and roll it back. Remove pin, insert line, and roll back. For security, a couple drops of crazy glue.

i tried these last year, never again. was ready to net a nice steel head, and then it was gone, the braided loop pulled right off my line, i think the cold effects it and the fly line shrinks more then the braided material. fish , fly and my entire leader gone.

now, i buy welded loop fly lines, or tie a perfection loop at the end