Found some Crappie on Wabigoon.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Not had the best luck finding crappie on my home lake, even though in spring I know how to catch them by the ton(almost). Well it seems the secret is out so I went for a look. There were quite a few folks around and a couple of 15"era were on the ice.

I did not do as well but only had 45 minutes to fish as I lost my minnows en route and had to back track all the way home, never did find them.

Managed 2 crappie though, and donated both to a guy who gave me some minnows.

Good fun.

"I'll be back"……….

Always good to crack the code on the home lake. Looks delicious, wish we had crappies here.

They are spreading like wild fire here Joey. They are showing up in lakes that are not connected to any other waterbodies, official line on that is that pelicans are bringing them in, could be true, I am seeing way more pelicans up here too nowadays.

Wicked!

Crappie is the best!

You have some awesome crappie fishing right by you too Rick….we also never did get to Sawbill….AGAIN!

I totally suck at icing crappies. Just cant find the buggers! As soon as the ice goes out though, they take a serious beating!

S.

LOL…I can't find them on the same lake in summer, I slaughter them in spring, have just learned one of their winter hangouts, but as soon as the spring spawn is done its like they never even existed!

Nice work, im also looking forward to the backyard beating on some crappie....

Not so much the wall to wall inflatables i gotta cast through though

Wall to wall inflatables?

Yeah we got some deadly slabs.

I still cant figure them out but I sure get lucky. I have no idea how these fish act at all, bit im quickly building a rep for catching them en mass via luck haha.

Sawbill trip this year was my bad.

We will make er sooner or later???

Edited by manitoubass2

They are spreading like wild fire here Joey. They are showing up in lakes that are not connected to any other waterbodies, official line on that is that pelicans are bringing them in, could be true, I am seeing way more pelicans up here too nowadays.

You have some awesome crappie fishing right by you too Rick.we also never did get to Sawbill.AGAIN!

LOLI can't find them on the same lake in summer, I slaughter them in spring, have just learned one of their winter hangouts, but as soon as the spring spawn is done its like they never even existed!

Wall to wall inflatables?

Ya, every year more and more people cram boats canoes rafts and just about anything that floats into my canal, fish gunwale to gunwale and dock to dock for panfish in my canal. Not to mention anything else they catch.

At least mnr has been by a couple times to ticket and arrest some of the worst offenders.

Ya, every year more and more people cram boats canoes rafts and just about anything that floats into my canal, fish gunwale to gunwale and dock to dock for panfish in my canal. Not to mention anything else they catch.

At least mnr has been by a couple times to ticket and arrest some of the worst offenders.

WOW…sounds like hell!

Reminds me a bit of the pier fishing I used to do….people everywhere…nightmare!

WOWsounds like hell!

Reminds me a bit of the pier fishing I used to do.people everywherenightmare!

Yea its pretty unpleasant, people leave garbage everywhere drag anchors through spawning beds cast over your line constantly and generally have no idea what etiquette or respect means.

Not to mention the aggresive poachers that are keeping way over their limit and or blatantly poaching bass out of season.

Im sure you catch a lot of crappie on that 7 in rapala buddy?

However on the couple days before the crowds show up it is nice to sit in a lawn chair in my backyard having a beer and docking some slabs.

Edited by Gallie