Whats the deal with "Crown Land"??

wask

I was thinking of doing some canoeing, fishing, camping up aorund Apsley on what I understand is a huge parcel of "Crown Land".

I understand it is land anyone can use, right?

Also, what are the camping, fishing and canoeing restrictions on it?

I realize I might have to check with the MNR on this one, but any insight is useful...

Thanks!

Matt

The only restrictions that I know of is no removing wood for home use without a permit and non residents must pay a fee for daily use at the local mnr office. Also you can only stay at any one spot for maximum of 21 days.

Theres probably more and checking it out with the mnr would be a safe bet.

The only restrictions that I know of is no removing wood for home use without a permit and non residents must pay a fee for daily use at the local mnr office. Also you can only stay at any one spot for maximum of 21 days.

Theres probably more and checking it out with the mnr would be a safe bet.

Only 21 days!????!???!?

haha.

I'll be lucky to get two days.

Thanks for the info.

I just spent 3 nights camped on crown land. The lake I was on had a few sites on crown land that had been made into nice spots. They had fire pits, some open areas for tents, etc. Ours had an old burned out woodstove and a couple old grills for the fire. We just found this site by chance and over the next few days found a few other sites scattered over the lake. Kinda like the camping sites in the interior of Algonquin. I know that before we got there we were thinking we could just pull over the boat anywhere that we wanted and just make a camp.... Well, the vegetation is so thick of trees and bushes that its physically impossible to do it. Thank god we found one of the sites used by campers like ourselves.

Its a free for all. Thier are books that show you were to camp,what fish are in the water and even gives you canoe routes. But what you take in you take out. l am fed up with want-a-be campers with all thier high tec gear and to stuppid to bring a garbage bag to the point where l bring three to clean up after them. l'm not saying this is you but no one is willing to admit it was them. l can tell you how many smokes l have had on a trip because l can count the butts. And the ones throwing thiers into the water .l..

yawer's Peace Ken.

PS Everyone should look into zero impact camping the only thing left behind is the scar from the fire.

Yeah man, I agree.

I haven't done any camping here, but did when I was in West Virginia and trash and crap left behind is by far the worst part of it all.

Where do you pick up the books, the MNR??

The books are called Back Road Map Books they are set up into regions. Between me and my friend we have all the books for ontario and Que. Every Fisher person should have these books lt might reduse most of the chater about what fish are were. This would leave more time and room for banter lol. Peace Ken