Attawapiskat Taiga Trekkin' 2015. (NF Report)

Moosebunk

I guess Otter trail???

Missed that! Think you're right (and Doug too) Weird spot for an otter to be, quite far off the river but, come to think of it I've seen much similar tracks to that and it spotted the otter to go with it.

That is one heck of a sleigh (the yellow one)! Me wantee!

bog_main1_bigextra.jpg

Joe's didn't come with the wood rails. If it had, he'd be the first to take 'em off. It's about 8 feet long. The Boggan I have is the Polar Plus. They are lighter and more durable than the fiberglass Labradors, and the longer they are the less chance of flipping at higher speeds.

I was going to say Mr. Snuffleupagus dragging his trunk but figured I had a better chance with a sealion. lol! Always cool to come across something new in your adventures. Cool report as always Bunk!!

Mr. Snuffleupagus... yeah, the Big Bird family often sees him roaming around. Quiet elephant, bit of a hermit, chills with Bigfoot too.

With all that hiking around it looks like you'll be beating me in to those back lakes. :stretcher:

After a week home Mike... pretty well a couch potato again. House of Cards has me glued to the toob too.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

Enjoyed that report Andrew. An interesting perspective.

I work with many of the residents at the DeBeers mine and am getting to know some of them well.

I am really enjoying learning their perspective on life and points of view.

Many are shy until you take the time to sit down and have a quiet conversation.

Have not yet made the trek to Attawapiskat on the ice road. But still a possibility this year.

Apparently the ice road this year is the best one ever. Smooth and thick.

It is buck!

Enjoyed that report Andrew. An interesting perspective.
I work with many of the residents at the DeBeers mine and am getting to know some of them well.
I am really enjoying learning their perspective on life and points of view.
Many are shy until you take the time to sit down and have a quiet conversation.
Have not yet made the trek to Attawapiskat on the ice road. But still a possibility this year.
Apparently the ice road this year is the best one ever. Smooth and thick.

You're working with a nephew up there Bernie and a good friend of our family from Timmins.

The ice road is incredible this year, you're right. In places walking it, I'd have to walk tight to the banks keeping one foot to the snow sometimes for a mile cause otherwise the whole road side to side was a sheet of slick glass waiting to slip me up. Friend travels from Mattice to Attawapiskat in about 8-9 hours... that's a good quick tour through the forest and swamps, and saw many ice road truckers while out walking some days. Always in convoy and everyone of them waves hello. Would like to load up the snowmobile in the truck some year and do some fishing along that entire route. Had my buddy and I had the time off together, was considering going about 60K up towards the mine by truck, offloading a sled and attempting to get some ice fishing in at an area I remember was good come spring for mostly walleye and pike, but, we didn't get time. It was freeeeeeking cold Jan and Feb so not too upset it didn't happen.

Anyways, good to hear you're enjoying yourself Bernie. The quiet and shy with many people often changes to friendly, humorous and open. Show any of the younger generation your skills if you can, there's always room for more experienced workers back in the communities.