Simcoe Saturday report

icefisherman

Just a quick report...all the same...final score 10/11 today...Meegs lures...having good friends with snowmobile makes all the difference in the world ;-) Had to work for them and be patient....only singles showing from time to time....Beauty day and my heater is working perfect finally figured it out based on what Mr. Buddy tech support told me on the phone...i.e. keep the tank warm and keep cleaning the frost from the working tank....

Couple pictures:

20150228_105928_resized_zpsjzakxtzl.jpg

20150228_104416_resized_zpskcv8myyl.jpg

20150228_085749_resized_1_zpsb3fkswpz.jp

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Beauty day and my heater is working perfect finally figured it out based on what Mr. Buddy tech support told me on the phone...i.e. keep the tank warm and keep cleaning the frost from the working tank....

REALLY????????????

I keep my tanks in the back of my truck and have yet to have an issue. I even put a half emty one on this morning and it lite up like norm, and ran for 3 hours. I dont bother with the tank til it,s empty.

Edited by Brian B

Boys in Temagami had to figure out how to get water hot first and then pour it on their buddy heaters 1lb tank before it would work correctly, for most of the week. Was so cold (-39 to -30) they just couldnt' make vapour, while I had no issues with my 20 lbr.

Edit... give thought to the water in the hole you drilled is at ZERO C !

Edited by irishfield

Yes Wayne,

the tech support guy said the bigger 20 lbs tank is less affected of this phenomenon as it is higher pressure. But the small one needs to be able to contact with outside air to warm up as the propane inside boils at -43 degrees Celsius. This is the reason for the frost on the outside of the tank. I got about 4 hrs on low from my 1 lb refilled tank on Sat.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman