F.E. Madill Enviromental Class Help Fin Clip Rainbows

spinnerbaitking

Today was the big day, 14 Students & 4 Adults from FE Madill High School in Wingham met us at the Kincardine Trout Hatchery to have a tour that started in our office with Matt Luckhart talking about the fish mounts on the wall from Walleye, Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Chinook Salmon, Musky, Bass & Speckle Trout then we moved on to the Invasive Species were I showed everybody Spiny Flea, Alewives, Zebra Mussels, Round Gobies, Lamprey Eel & a few samples of Trout & Salmon from the Egg, Alevin, Smolt to Yearling size all in sample jars. then we moved on to the Brown Trout trays & Rainbow Trout Tanks, after a brief talk it was time to put them to work so Matt started showing everybody what needed to be done from netting the Rainbows to Fin Clipping & putting them into the smaller tanks after they were done, a few students were hesitant at first to just pick up the trout & start but after showing a few of them everybody caught on & they clipped about 4,000 in just over an hour before they had to return to School. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves & are hoping to get involved with more Hatchery/Club activities in the near future. On behalf of the LHFC I'd like to Thank the Teacher Julie Sawchuk, Students & Volunteer Drivers for their help.

Thanx & Tight Lines SBK :clapping:

Fantastic work you are doing with our future stewards there Richard. Getting them involved in conservation at the grassroots level is paramount to our future fishery. I can't thank you enough.

Been 23 years since we fished around Wingham. Is the Ice Cream stand still there? I did some damage to my body with that great Ice Cream. Did some brain damage at the Legion too. I think we camped behind the Legion back then.

Thank you again.